Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Now then, now then

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#41 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

Read this-

http://chris-ukorg.o...-or-paedophile/

I'm not sure how much of it is true, but.....

The tone of writing is almost hysterical and so the content is barely credible as a result.

There also seems to be a ridiculous confusion between homosexuality and paedophilia.

#42 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,139 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

The tone of writing is almost hysterical and so the content is barely credible as a result.

There also seems to be a ridiculous confusion between homosexuality and paedophilia.

Not really given that he is writing about paedophiles who happen to be homosexuals. I don't think he implies it is a gay issue exclusively. He's talking about the people of Jonathan Kings' ilk, not gay men in general.

#43 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

Wasn't that Jerry Lee Lewis and it was his 12 year old cousin or something.

Correct. But it was perfectly legal in the state where they lived.
The fuss started when he wanted to bring her on tour to England.
He was banned from entering.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#44 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

His cousin or the country?
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#45 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,741 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

1961 he opened and was guest of honour at moorside tenants association annual gala at Bramley Fallswood park.We were only young lads he came in his Rolls drove round with his chaufer and the queen of the Gala.He had just returned fron USA from meeting Elvis and told us all about his meeting with him.That was it
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#46 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,699 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

he wasn'r banned
he did the tour
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#47 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,741 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Just come over on bbc 5 live the plaque outside his falt in Scarborough has been defaced
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#48 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,139 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

His cousin or the country?

:D

#49 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,313 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Detail about Jerry Lee Lewis and his third cousin (twice removed): http://oldies.about....erryleemyra.htm
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#50 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

Detail about Jerry Lee Lewis and his third cousin (twice removed): http://oldies.about....erryleemyra.htm

(The situation was not helped by the fact that his latest single was called "High School Confidential.")

:lol:

#51 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

abuse victim on the ITV show now....
"I don't know why but he wanted me to put my finger up his anus....."

#52 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

Paul Merton was asked directly about the HIGNGY transcript on the radio yesterday. He said it's fake. Though he did say Savile was a little odd.

Last night's programme made for difficult viewing.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#53 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

In his own words.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#54 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,139 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

According to what I've been reading today, there will be at least one other 70's TV star sweating like f***.

#55 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

According to what I've been reading today, there will be at least one other 70's TV star sweating like f***.

Gary Sh1ter's been in touch with his soliciters............

#56 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,237 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Esther Rantzen says she knew about it but Savile was so powerful she didn't think there was much chance of convincing senior Beeb people about him. She was married to a senior Been official for god's sake, Desmond Wilcox!
I bet she's saying "Jim fixed it for me to get back on telly!"
I must admit Savile always came over as a bit creepy, but why wait until he can't answer back?
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#57 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,081 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

Esther Rantzen says she knew about it but Savile was so powerful she didn't think there was much chance of convincing senior Beeb people about him. She was married to a senior Been official for god's sake, Desmond Wilcox!
I must admit Savile always came over as a bit creepy, but why wait until he can't answer back?

Do you get all your jokes from Private Eye ?
God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#58 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,518 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:02 AM

Esther Rantzen says she knew about it but Savile was so powerful she didn't think there was much chance of convincing senior Beeb people about him.

I don't know whether or not she knew about Jimmy Savile at the time (probably just knew the rumours) but to me she always appears desperate to still be on the telly. In the documentary I thought she demeaned the Savile paedophilia issue with overacting; presenting a reaction that would be more expected of someone who hadn't known the rumours for many years.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#59 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,139 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

I'm not particularly fond of ER and if I'm honest that was my first thought too. But I'm beginning to think Saville had things over people in high places and to all intents and purposes *was* fireproof. I bet many people had threatened to expose him but were either intimidated out of it or were threatened with losing their jobs. And he wasn't alone was he? If he went down, several others would come down with him, so they probably ensured people were hushed up.

I now think most of these allegations are true and even if he can't face justice, the victims deserve to be heard.

#60 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,237 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

Do you get all your jokes from Private Eye ?

Can you think of a better source? ;)
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users