Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Well Done Brett

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,710 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Well done Brett Carter on your selection in the 30 man Scotland squad for their Alitalia European Cup matches against Ireland and England Knights later this month.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 634 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Well done Brett. Will they be televised?

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,710 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Well done Brett. Will they be televised?

No, I don't think so. BBC are covering the Tri-Nations tournament between France, Wales and England.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

Well done Brett , the full back spot should be yours . See that young Hull KR winger Dave Scott is in again . Seen him play Ireland last time out and he was rapid down the flank and kicked goals. If we're still getting something out of this link up he'd be a good target.

#5 houndpup

houndpup
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

were games going to be

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Edinburgh

#7 town88

town88
  • Coach
  • 391 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Anyone know where abouts in Edinburgh and dates please?
CLUB HONOURS championship Winners: 1950-51 Beaten Finalists: 1957-58 Challenge Cup Winners: 1951-52 - Beaten Finalists: 1954-55, 1957-58 Western Division Championship Winners: 1962-63 Lancashire cup winners 1977-78- Beaten finalists 1976-77, 197879, 197980 Second Division/Divisional Premiership Winners:1993-94 Beaten Finalists;1992-93.

#8 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

Good to see, great for Brett. Could be a good day out for us Townie`s, go support Brett then hit the Edinburgh drinking establishments. I remember going to Gateshead to watch Holgate play for England, absolutely ###### down.

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Boroughmuir RFC 14 & 28 Oct . Ground is called Meggetland . 2pm ko

Edited by DavidM, 02 October 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#10 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

As a random Scottish tale I remember going to Galashiels when we played there. Funny enough I remember little about getting back due to Tennents Super or whatever the rocket fuel was they forced on me!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#11 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

well done Brett and good luck .
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#12 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Well done Brett it'll be 'nice to see you' in an international shirt, I'm sure you'll have a 'good game'.

#13 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

As a random Scottish tale I remember going to Galashiels when we played there. Funny enough I remember little about getting back due to Tennents Super or whatever the rocket fuel was they forced on me!!

Like yourself I remember very little about the return journey that day. It was a friendly game against HKR before the start of the 94-95 season which we won easily. We took about 10 coach loads that day and most of them didn't come out of the beer tent to watch the game........happy days :)

#14 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Well done Brett it'll be 'nice to see you' in an international shirt, I'm sure you'll have a 'good game'.

bretts tweeting about your bruce forsyth style post there geordie townie lol lol

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Hope he has a ' good game ...good game '...indeed !! Maybe see a few light footed dance moves if he wins ! He's so good he could play in a dinner suit like the Brucemeister !

Edited by DavidM, 02 October 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#16 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

"Didn't they do well" with Selecting Brett.
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Fondue Set ... Cuddly Toy ... Brett Carter . I'm having childhood flashbacks to Isla St Clair . Oooooh...

#18 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

"Don't touch the pack, he can play halfback"

A little play on a Brucie quote
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#19 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,710 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

Like yourself I remember very little about the return journey that day. It was a friendly game against HKR before the start of the 94-95 season which we won easily. We took about 10 coach loads that day and most of them didn't come out of the beer tent to watch the game........happy days :)

Galashiels didn't know what hit them that day as HKR took quite a few busloads up as well. Imagine 10 bus loads from Town for a friendly match that's more than we got for last seasons play-off final!!!!!! I was on one of the Waverley Hotel buses that day and they could have done with doubling the size of the beer tent.

#20 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

Wasn't that the first pro game of Rugby League in Scotland?? It was a great day out though, who knows maybe we can beat HKR again in the not too distant future!?!
Forgot to congratulate Brett in my first post. Well done mate very well deserved!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users