New man at Cas

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 burke

burke
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

Word is that the France family have sold their metal reclamation business in Dewsbury, Eric France and Sons. The new owners of the business will continue to sponser Dewsbury and Wakefield Trinity RL and Ossett Town FC. Jonathon France , son of Eric , will still run his motor sport team and has taken on a role at Cas Tigers as Operational manager. Jonathon and Steve Ferres have a working history and It is rumoured that Jonathons money will help Ferres carry out some planned reforms. No word yet if Jonathon is buying shares in Cas and joining the board. Sounds like some positive news for the long suffering Cas faithfull.

#2 Bones

Bones
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

Positive news indeed. The club have never been able to get much right off the field- can't seem to organise the proverbial in a brewery.

I just hope that they don't parade him as some sort of saviour as they did that Probiz chap
Ramshackle punk rock covers for all the family..............www.facebook.com/kerpunkuk

#3 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

They'll be getting them pretty coloured pictures out again soon........

#4 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

They'll be getting them pretty coloured pictures out again soon........

Censored

#5 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Ferres and France tried to buy Trinity from Richardson a few years back

#6 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,810 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

I hope they do prove savious to the Tigers and are also able to jump start the new stadium project. This can only be good news.

#7 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Maybe not so rosey....... http://www.loverugby...eford-fans.html

#8 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 842 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Word is that the France family have sold their metal reclamation business in Dewsbury, Eric France and Sons. The new owners of the business will continue to sponser Dewsbury and Wakefield Trinity RL and Ossett Town FC. Jonathon France , son of Eric , will still run his motor sport team and has taken on a role at Cas Tigers as Operational manager. Jonathon and Steve Ferres have a working history and It is rumoured that Jonathons money will help Ferres carry out some planned reforms. No word yet if Jonathon is buying shares in Cas and joining the board. Sounds like some positive news for the long suffering Cas faithfull.

The business is based in Ossett. It matters to some ( not me though )

#9 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

is that what next tuesdays announment will be about as word is there in a bit of trouble down the lane
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#10 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

Censored

indeed - why we don't just go into administration and start from scratch is beyond me - stupid club trying to play within their means
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#11 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

is that what next tuesdays announment will be about as word is there in a bit of trouble down the lane

Next Tuesdays announcement is the club membership scheme which is similar to what many NRL teams have
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#12 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Next Tuesdays announcement is the club membership scheme which is similar to what many NRL teams have

fair enough . i had heard some other points were going to be brought up in regard to finance which were pretty dire but i could well be wrong . hope i am wrong

#13 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

indeed - why we don't just go into administration and start from scratch is beyond me - stupid club trying to play within their means

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick!

Eric France & Sons rather colourful posters featuring semi naked girls were censored by advertising standards.

#14 burke

burke
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

Not sure from reading below report from 2004 that Jonathan France will be able to take up a place on the board at Cas or become a director. Presumably he will be a paid employee, or will the statement in paragraph 3 which says

` whether directly or indirectly, being concerned or taking part in the promotion, formation or management of a company for the above periods.` prevent this .

A 14 year ban from been a director sounds a bit harsh, never heard of such a lengthy ban, have the rules / punishments been relaxed since 2004 ? Do the RL still have fit and proper person criteria ?

` The directors of a Scrap Metal Business that failed with total debts estimated at around £380,000 have given Undertakings not to hold directorships or take any part in company management for 4 years and 14 years respectively.

The Undertakings by Eric Ramskill France, age 69 of Cornwall House, Portland Crescent, Harrogate, and Jonathan Dean France, age 31 of Silcoates Court, Alverthorpe, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, were given in respect of their conduct as directors of Eric France & Son (Metals) Limited ("Eric France"), which carried out business from premises at Embassy Works, Church Street, Ossett, West Yorkshire, WF5 9DG.

Acceptance of the Undertakings on 26 January 2004 for Eric Ramskill France and on 30 January 2004 for Jonathan Dean France prevents them from being directors of a company or, in any way, whether directly or indirectly, being concerned or taking part in the promotion, formation or management of a company for the above periods.

Eric France & Son (Metals) Limited was placed into voluntary liquidation on 19 February 2002 with estimated debts of £380,000 owed to creditors.

The Insolvency Service, on behalf of the Secretary of State for Trade & Industry, has responsibility (under Section (6) of the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986) for the investigation of the conduct of directors of failed companies and for the disqualification of those who are considered to be unfit to be involved in the management of companies in the future.

Matters of unfit conduct, not disputed by Eric Ramskill France and Jonathan Dean France are: -

Schedule of Unfit Conduct

Eric Ramskill France

He abrogated his duties and responsibilities as a director of Eric France and

i. Failed to ensure that Eric France kept and preserved accounting records as required by the Companies Act 1985;

ii. Failed to ensure that Eric France conducted stock takes at the end of its financial years ending 31 May 1998 and 1999 as required by Section 221 (3) (B) of the Companies Act 1985;

iii. Allowed Jonathan France to receive a loan from Eric France contrary to Section 330 of the Companies Act 1985;

iv. Allowed a payment of £15,000 and £25,000 to Jonathan France on 15 January 2002 to the detriment of the general body of creditors.

Jonathan Dean France

i. He failed to keep, preserve and delivery up adequate accounting records when required to do so by the Liquidator.

ii. He received a loan from Eric France, contrary to Section 330 of the Company's Act 1985.

iii. Eric France failed to conduct stock takes at the end of its financial years ending 31 May 1998 and 1999 as required by Section 212 (3) (B) of the Company's Act 1985.

iv. He failed to co-operate with the liquidators enquires into the affairs and dealings of Eric France.

Notes to editors

1.The Insolvency Service is an executive agency of the Department of Trade and Industry with responsibility for both the regulation of Insolvency Practitioners and for company directors' disqualifications.

2.Insolvency Practitioners are authorised to deal with the administration of a range of company insolvency procedures including administrations and administrative receivership and creditors' voluntary liquidation. Insolvency Practitioners are required to report to the Insolvency Service on the conduct of company directors' work in each of these proceedings with a view to identifying behaviour that might make these directors unfit to be involved in company management in the future.

3.The Insolvency Service considers the insolvency practitioners reports and, where appropriate, will investigate the conduct of directors with a view to taking disqualification proceedings on behalf of the Secretary of State.

4.A court can disqualify directors from directorships and involvement in the management of companies for between two and 15 years for unfit conduct. If a director breaches a Disqualification Order they can be prosecuted and may be punished by a fine, a prison sentence of up to two years, or both, and may be made personally liable for the company debts.

5.Directors who accept that their conduct is unfit can give an Undertaking to the Secretary of State that they will not become involved as a director or in the management of a limited company for an agreed period of between two and 15 years. This avoids a court process, but the penalties for breach of an Undertaking are the same as for breach of a court order.

6.Companies House maintains a public register of disqualified directors that can be viewed at http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk. Addresses given are those correct at the time of the company failure, but may not now be current.

7.Members of the public who think that they know of any person who is acting in breach of a Disqualification Order or Undertaking should report that person's details to The Insolvency Service Disqualified Directors Hotline on 0845 601 3546 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting skype-ie-addon-data://res/numbers_button_skype_logo.pngFREE 0845 601 3546 end_of_the_skype_highlighting (24 hour message service). General enquires to The Insolvency Service should be addressed to the General Enquiries Help line on (020 7291 6895 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting skype-ie-addon-data://res/numbers_button_skype_logo.pngFREE 020 7291 6895 end_of_the_skype_highlighting).

For further information about the Insolvency Service and disqualification see http://www.insolvency.gov.uk

For further information about the Insolvency Service and disqualification see http://www.insolvency.gov.uk

Issued on behalf of the Insolvency Service by Government News Network Yorkshire and the Humber. For more information please contact Alice Insley on tel: 0113 283 6605 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting skype-ie-addon-data://res/numbers_button_skype_logo.pngFREE 0113 283 6605 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, email: alice.insley@gnn.gsi.gov.uk

Regional news releases for Government departments can be viewed at http://www.gnn.gov.uk

#15 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

think theres going to be a bit of a shocker announced on the money front at the meeting from what i have heard

#16 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

As kenny says we should go into administration, clear the books like wakey and the bulls, and start with a clean slate.
Debt free.

#17 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

As kenny says we should go into administration, clear the books like wakey and the bulls, and start with a clean slate.
Debt free.

bit dangerous as you need to have somebody willing to put some money up for the club as both wakey and bradford did . question is who would it be that did that for cas ? not jack fulton thats for sure .

#18 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

Debt free.

By all means go for it. But you need the RFL/SLE to do you a favour and preserve your SL place too.

#19 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

By all means go for it. But you need the RFL/SLE to do you a favour and preserve your SL place too.

Which, given that it's the close season, might not happen - I've always had the sneaky feeling that the reason Bradford have been allowed to carry on is that they had the sense to implode in the summer!

#20 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

They did it fro Bradford so there's no reason why they wouldn't do it for us

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users