Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New man at Cas

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#21 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

if the bulls had fallen over at the close season they wouldnt be in SL next.

And quite simply Cas do not bring the same level of bargaining to the table as the Bulls did either.

#22 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,993 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

And quite simply Cas do not bring the same level of bargaining to the table as the Bulls did either.

So which big club would replace cas then
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#23 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

Spot on..... I wish I could find the post I posted earlier in the year suggesting Cas had money problems, I got slated on here.... So am i right??

I sincerely hope this isn't the case, Castleford are an honest club, have had some great players.

One of my great memories of the club was Jamie Sandie's try at wembley.

Fingers crossed this isn't another club in the poo!!

Can super league keep surviving this issues.

KT - don't bother posting if you can't be civil - this is a genuine post, unlike yours on the Leeds / wire.

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 08 October 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#24 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,326 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

So which big club would replace cas then

Nobody and that's the problem, there's no queue.

But if HKR and Cas or Salford continue to struggle badly then a 12 club SL could be the eventual reaction.

#25 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,993 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

Spot on..... I wish I could find the post I posted earlier in the year suggesting Cas had money problems, I got slated on here.... So am i right??

I sincerely hope this isn't the case, Castleford are an honest club, have had some great players.

One of my great memories of the club was Jamie Sandie's try at wembley.

Fingers crossed this isn't another club in the poo!!

Can super league keep surviving this issues.

KT - don't bother posting if you can't be civil - this is a genuine post, unlike yours on the Leeds / wire.

I'll post where I like thanks and my post on the Leeds/Wire thread was genuine, not sure of your point.

Anyway, back to the thread, Parky, you didn't mention London in your "continue to struggle" comment - why not?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#26 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,326 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

I
Parky, you didn't mention London in your "continue to struggle" comment - why not?

It's not a struggle when your chairman is rich and you please the RFL by your presence in SL.

#27 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,326 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:35 AM

Which, given that it's the close season, might not happen - I've always had the sneaky feeling that the reason Bradford have been allowed to carry on is that they had the sense to implode in the summer!

You may be right who knows exactly?

But for me I'm guessing that the RFL/SLE are looking at the size, shape and resourcing of superleague.

If a club is seen as vital for the competition they may get assistance. The chairman of the RFL arguing long and hard for the re-inclusion of London is what i call mega-assistance, as is the purchase of Bradfords ground by the RFL and SLE offering to buy the club. That's also what I call mega-assistance.

Would the incoming chairman put his neck on the line to argue Hull.K.R. should remain in SL if they went pop? Would the RFL buy Wheldon Road and SLE buy the club if Castleford went pop.

With resurgent Hull and Wakefield just down the road and an option top drop to 12 clubs and cut multi-million pound losses I'd guess not.

Edited by The Parksider, 09 October 2012 - 06:37 AM.

#28 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

Simply brilliant game. Loved every minute of it and thought Leeds were nothing short of immense.

Chuffed for terywebbisgod and even more pleased that pmjwires has nothing to shout about

I'll post where I like thanks and my post on the Leeds/Wire thread was genuine, not sure of your point.

Anyway, back to the thread, Parky, you didn't mention London in your "continue to struggle" comment - why not?

I said dont post if your not going to be civil, BuT your not sure of my point - here's a reminder for you. As above Leeds/ wire thread

I've not caused trouble for months - if you can't be nice don't antagonise me or bait me - don't post against anything A post ive posted if you cant have an adult conversation

I guess it's like your pathetic child/dog post the other week, glad hindle put you in your place.

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 09 October 2012 - 06:44 AM.

#29 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,993 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

I said dont post if your not going to be civil, BuT your not sure of my point - here's a reminder for you. As above Leeds/ wire thread

I've not caused trouble for months - if you can't be nice don't antagonise me or bait me - don't post against anything A post ive posted if you cant have an adult conversation

I guess it's like your pathetic child/dog post the other week, glad hindle put you in your place.

it's not my fault that you don;t understand what I've put and please keep this thread on track - it's about the financial situation of Castleford Tigers. if you want to have a go at me please do it via PM

Thanks and all the best

Posted Image

#30 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

You may be right who knows exactly?

But for me I'm guessing that the RFL/SLE are looking at the size, shape and resourcing of superleague.

If a club is seen as vital for the competition they may get assistance. The chairman of the RFL arguing long and hard for the re-inclusion of London is what i call mega-assistance, as is the purchase of Bradfords ground by the RFL and SLE offering to buy the club. That's also what I call mega-assistance.

Would the incoming chairman put his neck on the line to argue Hull.K.R. should remain in SL if they went pop? Would the RFL buy Wheldon Road and SLE buy the club if Castleford went pop.

With resurgent Hull and Wakefield just down the road and an option top drop to 12 clubs and cut multi-million pound losses I'd guess not.

Fully agree. I'm also not convinced by the arguments to keep us in SL - we really have to do something not only on the pitch (where, with Tony Rea in charge, things are now looking a lot healthier) but off it as well to justify a new licence. I still remain to be convinced that there's a market for top level RL in the capital - and I've been supporting the club since day one!

#31 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

They did it fro Bradford so there's no reason why they wouldn't do it for us

Bradford have way more fans and always will, sadly.

Bite the bullet and merge with Wakey and Fev. It'll happen eventually, the only alternative being stubborn survival a tier down. You can't have it both ways, sadly.

Look on the bright side - a team that can compete with anyone in Super League. And by "compete" I don't just mean beat occasionally, bite the ankles of etc. a la yer Stokes, Fulhams in EPL. I mean actually finish above in the league. That has appeal, doesn't it?

Edited by DeadShotKeen, 09 October 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#32 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 669 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

Bite the bullet and merge with Wakey and Fev. It'll happen eventually, the only alternative being stubborn survival a tier down. You can't have it both ways, sadly.

Look on the bright side - a team that can compete with anyone in Super League. And by "compete" I don't just mean beat occasionally, bite the ankles of etc. a la yer Stokes, Fulhams in EPL. I mean actually finish above in the league. That has appeal, doesn't it?

If I wanted to support a team I have no affiliation with win things I would go watch Leeds.

#33 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

how many people think the same as you?
how many people want to watch a team that wins?

how many of Leeds crowd are made up of people from batley, dewsbury, halifax, wakefield, cas and Huddersfield?

When the Bulls were on top a large proportion of their fans were from Huddersfield, who wanted to see a winning team they had no real affiliation for rather than their home team that couldnt win a raffle

you might not have any afilliation to it, but in 5 years time it wouldnt matter - with success come supporters

#34 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,326 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

Fully agree. I'm also not convinced by the arguments to keep us in SL - we really have to do something not only on the pitch (where, with Tony Rea in charge, things are now looking a lot healthier) but off it as well to justify a new licence. I still remain to be convinced that there's a market for top level RL in the capital - and I've been supporting the club since day one!

There's no profitable market for it that's been known for years.

What the RFL want is the player production line and the "capital presence" that links through to France.

Wether that's worth hard cash or is just good P & R to say to people that RL is a national and international game who knows.

One thing for sure there aren't any clubs threatening your place.

#35 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,993 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

how many people think the same as you?
how many people want to watch a team that wins?

how many of Leeds crowd are made up of people from batley, dewsbury, halifax, wakefield, cas and Huddersfield?

When the Bulls were on top a large proportion of their fans were from Huddersfield, who wanted to see a winning team they had no real affiliation for rather than their home team that couldnt win a raffle

you might not have any afilliation to it, but in 5 years time it wouldnt matter - with success come supporters

correct

Posted Image

#36 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,993 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

So you're saying it's not a level playing field and Bradford were let in because they have more fans? hmmmm - that argument would give the game great publicity eh?

Posted Image

#37 Forever Trinity

Forever Trinity
  • Coach
  • 634 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Give it a rest and merge yourself and become Hull

#38 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Back to Cas... any news out of this evenings meeting?

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#39 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,326 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

Back to Cas... any news out of this evenings meeting?

I looked on the fans message board and nothing. There was a rumour of the club being in debt and struggling to pay a tax bill.

#40 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

You haven't looked on the right board then. No mention of tax anywhere, but then again you have your own agenda, espescially now the bulls are confirmed for 12 months.