New man at Cas

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#41 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

You haven't looked on the right board then. No mention of tax anywhere, but then again you have your own agenda, espescially now the bulls are confirmed for 12 months.

So what is mentioned elsewhere then?!

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#42 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

All details are below Gazza - I think it's obvious that we'r not rolling in cash at present but everyone who went seems to be really buoyed by the new membership scheme

http://www.castigers...cle.php?id=2554
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#43 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

All details are below Gazza - I think it's obvious that we'r not rolling in cash at present but everyone who went seems to be really buoyed by the new membership scheme

http://www.castigers...cle.php?id=2554

Cheers. I hope things manage to sort themselves out a bit at Cas, the rumoured issues certainly haven't sounded too good for their future.

Slight aside, reading about Rangi Chase this morning, it really doesn't come across that he wants to still be in Amber and Black next season.

http://www.pontefrac...ralia-1-5009105

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

#44 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Cheers. I hope things manage to sort themselves out a bit at Cas, the rumoured issues certainly haven't sounded too good for their future.

Slight aside, reading about Rangi Chase this morning, it really doesn't come across that he wants to still be in Amber and Black next season.

http://www.pontefrac...ralia-1-5009105

I think the Rangi situation is a really weird one - I actually know him and to put it brutally honestly there's one reason why he really doesn't want to be at the club and that's Ian Millward.

He admits to being stupid and thought he was going to be sacked which is why he looked for other clubs (Hull) - his Mrs isn't keen on moving to Oz with the new born and it looks like he has to stay with us.

how that will pan out on I don't know but if he does stay he needs to put his game face back on and stop worrying about what might have been or could be.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#45 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

If I wanted to support a team I have no affiliation with win things I would go watch Leeds.

But assuming you’re from the Cas area you’d have more affiliation with a merged Cas/Wakey/Fev than with Leeds surely? It’s not a case of all or nothing here. None of us were ever guaranteed a stand alone SL club serving our town of birth – those of us born in big towns with in-built commercial appeal are obviously lucky and the rest of us have to cut our cloth accordingly. I was born in Hull which presently chooses to split itself in 2 for SL purposes but may well have to reconsider this in years to come.

I assume that like me you regularly go to new places, make new friends etc.? So what’s wrong with making a new connection with a new team better placed to promote your area, serve and strengthen SL and furthermore provide you with genuine value for your season ticket? Of course it isn’t “ideal” but then neither is SL propping up teams of yesteryear with small fanbases and scant resources that can never hope to compete for honours in the modern era or help drive the game forward.

#46 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 668 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

how many people think the same as you?

I would suggest 15 or so thousand, otherwise they would be watching Leeds (or Bradford before them).

There is no guarantee of success and by merging the three clubs you may only end up with one club attracting similar gates to either Cas or Trinity. I concede future generations wouldn’t have the baggage of being a supporter of one of the three original clubs, but a new club would have to make it to that future before that potential support could naturally occur.

Edited by PREPOSTEROUS, 10 October 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#47 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

Similar thing happened with the idea of a West Cumbrian super club.
There are those with entrenched views (and there were many at the time, maybe less now) who because their club would lose identity of its own wouldn't watch the merged club. There are others who would watch the merged club with the hope of seeing a better standard of rugby.

some of those with entrenched Haven or Town allegiencies have probably turned up for the Cumbria games no problem.

I'd rather watch a joint West Cumbria team with a good number of West Cumbrian players, than a diluted St Helens A team (for example only), masquerading as Workington with a lesser number of local players in most games.

#48 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

I think the Rangi situation is a really weird one - I actually know him and to put it brutally honestly there's one reason why he really doesn't want to be at the club and that's Ian Millward.

He admits to being stupid and thought he was going to be sacked which is why he looked for other clubs (Hull) - his Mrs isn't keen on moving to Oz with the new born and it looks like he has to stay with us.

how that will pan out on I don't know but if he does stay he needs to put his game face back on and stop worrying about what might have been or could be.

He was loyal and got carried away last year and now realises he should have took more money to join Leeds and win silverware. Without being too harsh, the fact is he deserves a better club around him with better recruitment, a larger fanbase, good facilities and the commercial clout to get him on billboards and earn him good endorsements. That club will never be Castleford Tigers I’m afraid. You’d need to fluke at least half a dozen Chases to even stand a chance of going toe-to-toe with the SL big boys and in pro sport in 2012 that simply does not happen.

#49 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

He was loyal and got carried away last year and now realises he should have took more money to join Leeds and win silverware. Without being too harsh, the fact is he deserves a better club around him with better recruitment, a larger fanbase, good facilities and the commercial clout to get him on billboards and earn him good endorsements. That club will never be Castleford Tigers I’m afraid. You’d need to fluke at least half a dozen Chases to even stand a chance of going toe-to-toe with the SL big boys and in pro sport in 2012 that simply does not happen.

you usually post some half decent stuff but you clearly know nothing about the Chase situation - this post is complete and utter nonsense "without sounding harsh" of course

Posted Image

#50 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

1. You haven't looked on the right board then.

2. No mention of tax anywhere,

3. But then again you have your own agenda, especially now the bulls are confirmed for 12 months.

1. Kenny has kindly provided the information, and thank you to him.

2. There was last night on the RLFans Cas board, and Griff indicates the club is a couple of million pounds adrift owing tax, when he looked at the accounts.

Your own CEO says ........"current financial position is impacting upon the development of every aspect of the business".....
"the current business model is not working".....He added, "We are working in extremely difficult times and it is clear that we aren't the only club to be facing difficulties. Hull KR is one example who has already given an honest assessment of their current challenges."....... "Identifying a new investor is integral to the club's future and will be a priority for me as CEO.

I don't see those statements denying severe money problems and saying that they need a rich investor to put it right. Sadly though no figures were mentioned at the meeting which differs to Hudgells honest statement that HKR are losing £500K a year and he isn't going to make that deficit up anymore so no more expensive signings

3. As to my agenda what do you think it actually is??? Your as beat about the bush as Ferres. Do let me know.

If you think my agenda is to find out the realities of what is happening to our clubs and get to the key information rather than listen to tedious press releases and double speak garbage like "We fall short of the model club" so we can then discuss matters with facts rather than wishful thinking then you may be right.

However do let me know my agenda as you see it.

#51 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

From discussions I've had it's not anywhere near the £550k a year mark but the amount is still substantial.

I do believe that if the fans back this member ship scheme that it will inject a significant amount of cash into the club.

The proof really will be though, in how well our squad of 24 performs on the pitch - because people won;t fork out again I don't think

Posted Image

#52 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,334 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

Does the membership scheme tie in with season tickets Keni or are they separate?
Got 1500 bass drum lugging,bug eyed monkeys!

#53 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

All ties in - effectively trying to get more for your money but also allowing those that won;t go to all games an opportunity to become members by supporting the club and recieving benefits. eg - as I live so far away for £50 I get 2 games plus all the other offers that somes with membership. they are also making the Wheldon Roda end Members only

All details are here

http://www.castigers...flip/index.html

Posted Image

#54 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,334 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

All ties in - effectively trying to get more for your money but also allowing those that won;t go to all games an opportunity to become members by supporting the club and recieving benefits. eg - as I live so far away for £50 I get 2 games plus all the other offers that somes with membership. they are also making the Wheldon Roda end Members only

All details are here

http://www.castigers...flip/index.html

Sounds similar to what Leeds do mate.Hope it all goes well for the club.
Got 1500 bass drum lugging,bug eyed monkeys!

#55 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

Fev also launched their membership scheme last night, which is also replacing season tickets. Looks like it's the future. :unsure:

http://fluidab3.mini... Fevolution.pdf

Please view my photos.

#56 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

There is no guarantee of success and by merging the three clubs you may only end up with one club attracting similar gates to either Cas or Trinity. I concede future generations wouldn’t have the baggage of being a supporter of one of the three original clubs, but a new club would have to make it to that future before that potential support could naturally occur.

I'll put that in my locker of cracking posts, a real "in a nutshell" job.

Fans wise best recent crowds for the three are Fev 1,800, Trinity 8,200, and Cas 7,500. That's 17,500. If they all go to a combined club then you have a top club to match Wigan for support. If only half of them go you end up with a club with 8,750 still short of the rule of thumb break even figure.

Wakefield are not going to risk themselves by merging to save the skins of Cas or Fev, They are going to get on with Newmarket and watch their neighbours struggle shedding crocodile tears by the lagoon full. If Glover has money he'll be marketing Trinity all over the area and chasing all the best kids.

That's how it works in Leeds, that's how it's working in Hull.

There's 25 players in Superleague in the current first XV11's of Superleague clubs who come from Fev, Cas, Wakey, Normanton and Pontefract. It's the BIGGEST area for qiuality RL players. Last time a combined team of top players from this area operated in the top division they won the cup and then they won the championship.

In those days they called them Hull. Some time in the future Glover intends the latest crop to be called Wakefield.

#57 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,095 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Interesting to read on the superleague website summary of this story, that the due to the world falling in on it's a*se, the RFL aren't placing much emphasis on stadia in the licensing next time. I can see a fair few being upset over that.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#58 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

Fev 1800! Somebody needs to get their facts right and as for saving our skins..... Thanks for the concern but we are not the club that needs saving so as has been said many many times in the past, take your merger talk and stick it where the sun don't shine.
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#59 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

Fev 1800! Somebody needs to get their facts right and as for saving our skins..... Thanks for the concern but we are not the club that needs saving so as has been said many many times in the past, take your merger talk and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Could not agree more sidnee. I could not give a dam if we have 500 fans or 15000 fans, Fev is my team no matter what League they play in and who follows them. I do not regret for one moment the decision not to merge in 1995.

It's called loyalty, I don't expect some members on here to understand.

By the way I hope Cas get over there money troubles. The Fev V Cas rivelry is huge in my family, it just would not be the same without both clubs.

"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#60 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

From discussions I've had it's not anywhere near the £550k a year mark but the amount is still substantial.

I do believe that if the fans back this member ship scheme that it will inject a significant amount of cash into the club.

The proof really will be though, in how well our squad of 24 performs on the pitch - because people won;t fork out again I don't think

But this is the crux of the problem. Your best player doesn’t want to play for you. Your best young player (Clark) doesn’t want to play for you. We have a similar issue with our best young player at Hull KR. Why is this? These clubs just don’t have the resources or appeal for the very best other than as a stepping stone to better things. And Chase told you the issue was Millward, did he? Well of course he’d say that! What’s he going to tell a fan face-to-face? “I made a mistake and have decided I want to play for a contender”. Get real! Whatever else might have gone on with him, his heart clearly isn’t in it anymore. Show me a player whose heart isn’t in it playing for Leeds, Wigan, Saints or Wire, regardless of who’s coaching them.

And I mean no disrespect but getting excited over a membership scheme!!?? In what way does this even put Cas on a steady financial footing, let alone make them a real player? It’s very simple – we need sides in SL that sell themselves to new punters rather than having to scratch desperately for every available penny from their dwindling hardcore. Face facts - teams like Cas and to a lesser extent Hull KR are, sadly, an embarrassment to SL.

I’m excited by the idea of a merged West Yorks team and the rivalries they’d have with Leeds and Bradford (I also think Hudds should join with Halifax to create 4 powerhouse SL sides for the region). There’d be no hierarchy there. Leeds with its massive metropolitan borough might have a slight edge but the other 3 could eat into their fanbase by virtue of being just as competitive. Gareth Ellis would have signed for said team (did Cas even bother to pick up the phone?) then you could parade him alongside a happy Chase and the returning Shenton (who you signed anyway but somewhat less securely, going off recent events and what must he now be thinking?) as your 3-pronged poster boy assault on the sports media. Add Wakey's calibre players (Aiton & Mathers in particular) and the run of the rhubarb kids for the rest of eternity and that’s a team worth watching, that wouldn’t need fraught press conferences or desperate membership scheme whip rounds every few years and which could quite conceivably put the entire Cas/Wakey/Fev district firmly on the worldwide sporting map.

No use at all?

Edited by DeadShotKeen, 11 October 2012 - 11:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users