Photo
- - - - -

Two More Signings Confirmed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#1 Appleman

Appleman
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

Story here:

http://www.nwemail.c...ferrerPath=home
Ever alert for the call to Craven Park

#2 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

Excellent I like Brennan thought he was the better of the two Wire forwards we had on DR.

Dont know much about Haggerty but on the Widnes forum a majority were sad to see him get released He played 16 times for Widnes in SL this season so must be Champ quality surely.

He also played for Leigh the season before and the question was asked on their forum about having him back and the concensus on that seasons performances was they had just as good if not better in their 2013 line up....so lets wait and see ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#3 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

Good news. Does this mean after only a year in charge Darren Holt has now realised that the club cannot sustain its self on Locally grown players only?

#4 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

Good news. Does this mean after only a year in charge Darren Holt has now realised that the club cannot sustain its self on Locally grown players only?

Maybe, but since the last squad was hastily thrown together, dont think Holt did such a bad job last time. Think he also knew that the squad we had would get thumped in the Championship without the addition of a handful of class 'imports'. Main thing i can see with all 4 of our Super league imports is that they are young lads and we are breaking the trend of Championship clubs signing has-beens.
Still, wouldnt mind us doing sheffield and bringing in a few big fijians/tongans....

Although what i do worry about is that we will have this scramble for players this time next year since everyone has signed on for 12 months. Run the risk of losing players if they have a good season to other clubs.

Edited by Oracle, 03 October 2012 - 10:03 AM.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#5 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

I think it means Darren has realized that whilst the majority of the players will be local , that it would strengthen the team to get some championship experienced players in to help . At least they are from THIS side of the country this time which cost lest in travelling expenses

#6 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Even a one eyed 3 legged donkey trekking up the lower slopes of Mount Everest in Nepal would've known that a side with just the current locals wouldnt suffice in the Championship Mr Balls ! Oh and well done for getting KH right (assuming you did mean Haggerty ??? )

Lee

Lee Morton

#7 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Even a one eyed 3 legged donkey trekking up the lower slopes of Mount Everest in Nepal would've known that a side with just the current locals wouldnt suffice in the Championship Mr Balls ! Oh and well done for getting KH right (assuming you did mean Haggerty ??? )

Lee

Yes but had you tried to tell this Darren 12 months ago he'd of shot you down.

Of course I meant Haggarty

#8 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

We probably could if we had all of them available. Darren got it spot on last year and is doing it rightly this year. He gave the locals a chance to prove themselves good enough unlike prvious years. He has acknowldged that their is areas we need to improve to be comptitive in CC and is doing so appropriately.

#9 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

So thats 2 Haggerys we've got now then in Kurt and Mathew. All we need to do now is tempt Gareth Haggery out of retirement and we can have a Rabbitohs type set up (Burgess brothers) lol

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#10 STW

STW
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

Name me a club that can, or does?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it!

Steve W

#11 runaround 55

runaround 55
  • Facebook
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Two great additions to next years squad which will certainly give us a platform size wise upfront,Having watched the Championship sides on Premier sports this season we will need a big set of forwards to compete, with the recent aquisitions already confirmed. Me thinks next seasons team is taking shape nicely.
KEEP THE FAITH.

#12 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Name me a club that can, or does?

Where did I say that? I was just making a point that's all.

#13 fozzy3

fozzy3
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

its ok having players from out of town just as long they are on respectable wages and not the sort of money that the last regime were paying players from out of town which is probably why the club has a massive debt hanging over its head.

#14 gary high

gary high
  • Coach
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

There is just no pleasing some people........ :rolleyes:

#15 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Where did I say that? I was just making a point that's all.

Your point being what, exactly? Accusing the coach of hypocrisy?

Edited by Dave W, 03 October 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#16 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

After the slaggings Darren has given the club over Duel reg and out of town players. It looks like he's now realised it just can't be done.

#17 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

After the slaggings Darren has given the club over Duel reg and out of town players. It looks like he's now realised it just can't be done.

He was perfectly right to slag the old regime off it wasn't right regarding out of town players. Dual reg has it flaws, if you rely on them too much then it can work out badly.

#18 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

How anyone can questions holtys decisions is beyond me, ridiculous.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#19 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

How anyone can questions holtys decisions is beyond me, ridiculous.

Totally agree mate

Lee Morton

#20 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Roy_Haggerty

looks like its a family thing.
Rip the bludgers heads off!