Two More Signings Confirmed

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

Good to see you posting again Darren you should do it more. Get Aky to do it for you hes a good keyboard warrior :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very good explanation of your views which I for one echo. The dual reg players helped us out of a tight spot when we needed it and fair play to the BOD, Aky and yourself.

Big congrats on a great season and looking forward to being competative next year. Recruitment is going well just need the Bulls signature now (work permitting)

Just a thought...........................................Maybe Barry Pugh and Liam could do a 2nd row share when one is available and the other isnt LOL

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#42 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

It's great to see you posting on the forum again Darren and can I personally say a big thankyou for the past season's entertainment and successes (both on and off the field). I'm sure that both you and Acky have learned a lot from the 2012 season and I'm positive that under your reign the team and club will continue to go from strength to strength.

I agree carry on the good work,

#43 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

Just to clarify as I don't see why Soss should have to make excuses for me. My gripe with dual reg players remains and stems from the fact that the current squad at the time relied on several just to put a team out on the field(due to the overall squad size) and consisted of very few localised players and not so much the fact of cost etc. It was, and always has been, my belief that the way forward was with a prodominantly local side supplemented with travellers( carefully selected) in certain key positions. I remain dubious of the merits of dual registration for lower tier clubs but admit that we were very lucky with the lads we brought in last year.......other clubs were not so lucky in terms of intermittent appearances and so on. It is important to state that, just as last year, we have no plans to go down the dual reg route unless we get hit with an injury crisis similar to last year which forces our hands. Even then, the deal would have to be right for Barrow RLFC as it was this year and actually saved the club some finance..........again, a very different picture than that of the 2/3 previous years. In a nutshell, dual reg is an option for all clubs but is not the route we want to go down..........only the permenant/temporary loss of 9-10 'LOCAL' players will then make it a consideration- but only then.

I hope 'Balls' & even 'Rooster' can recognise the difference between previous years approaches in this regard and understand that my long held view of dual registration remains constant...........not the way forward.

Regards.( and sorry for butting in on the forum guys)

Surprised nobody has thought of this...................

Sack Holty and bring Des back on Dual Reg :D

Just joking Darren!
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#44 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Well at least it livened the forum up (holty, you could not resist could you!!, its like the good old forum days, bet acky wanted to reply as well!)

#45 walneyite

walneyite
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

It's great to see you posting on the forum again Darren and can I personally say a big thankyou for the past season's entertainment and successes (both on and off the field). I'm sure that both you and Acky have learned a lot from the 2012 season and I'm positive that under your reign the team and club will continue to go from strength to strength.

Totaly agree with SRC .
Thanks for great season and keep up the good work.
Season ticket on its way and looking forward to the journey ahead..
A negative mind will never give a positive life....... ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users