Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NCL Meeting

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 683 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

Was there a meeting last night? If so anyone know how it went?

#2 west

west
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

when is the challenge cup draw for div 1 and 2

#3 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

Was there a meeting last night? If so anyone know how it went?

There certainly wasn't a delegates meeting for the clubs. Whether there was a management committee one I don't know.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#4 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

There was a disciplinary meeting. I don't know if it was just to deal with appeals though.

#5 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

The management are supposed to have discussed 2 or more late applicants. The 9 new clubs had til today to confirm their intentions IIRC and divisions are supposed to be drawn up soon?

Edited by bowes, 03 October 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#6 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

The management are supposed to have discussed 2 or more late applicants. The 9 new clubs had til today to confirm their intentions IIRC and divisions are supposed to be drawn up soon?

The Management weren't supposed to discuss late applicants Bowes - so I don't know where you get your duff information from. No Management meeting, no delegates meeting and no discipline meeting.

#7 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,797 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

The Management weren't supposed to discuss late applicants Bowes - so I don't know where you get your duff information from. No Management meeting, no delegates meeting and no discipline meeting.

Must have been having a cheeky beer with the RFL :wub: while their new orders where getting drawn up.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#8 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

Must have been having a cheeky beer with the RFL :wub: while their new orders where getting drawn up.

Well, it depends on whether you mean a / some members of the Management - I was talking about the Management Committee, who make all the decisions!

After saying that, perhaps some clubs have declined their 'invite' to join the NCL and they are rapidly trying to fill a couple of places! Better make sure they make the right choices, ay?

Edited by samsung, 03 October 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#9 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Or maybe a meeting with Pennine league to find out why so many NCL players have voted with their feet to the play in the winter!!

#10 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,797 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

Well, it depends on whether you mean a / some members of the Management - I was talking about the Management Committee, who make all the decisions!

After saying that, perhaps some clubs have declined their 'invite' to join the NCL and they are rapidly trying to fill a couple of places! Better make sure they make the right choices, ay?

I was told last week that there was a possibility of two teams not taking up the offer to join the NCL - I do wonder why a club would apply to join the NCL then give backword after getting to green light.

#11 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

I was told last week that there was a possibility of two teams not taking up the offer to join the NCL - I do wonder why a club would apply to join the NCL then give backword after getting to green light.

Perhaps they believed the hype that the RFL were paying NCL clubs heaps of money for travel - and then found out the truth! :lol:

#12 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,797 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

Perhaps they believed the hype that the RFL were paying NCL clubs heaps of money for travel - and then found out the truth! :lol:

The RFL are paying but with another division (which I'm sure the existing clubs didn't know they where going to be getting at the time of their vote to switch) to look after, thats probably going to be between 10 or 11 clubs that will also have to go into the divider.

Wouldn't surprise me if travel payments start to be paid on mileage, the RFL will do a quick calculation on the total mileage that the entire NCL should travel during the league season then divide the mileage into the £'s to come up with the payment per miles for each game, cup games will have to be borne by the clubs.

Edited by Marauder, 04 October 2012 - 09:02 AM.

#13 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

We had a player at a disciplinary appeal, so you might want to check your facts. Whether any of the NCL Board sat on it i don't know.

#14 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

We had a player at a disciplinary appeal, so you might want to check your facts. Whether any of the NCL Board sat on it i don't know.

The Appeals Committee is totally independent and no-one from the NCL sit on that committee. So my original post was correct - the NCL management committee didn't have a meeting.

#15 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,797 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

The Appeals Committee is totally independent and no-one from the NCL sit on that committee. So my original post was correct - the NCL management committee didn't have a meeting.

Who sits on the appeals committee?

#16 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

A few issues here so some thoughts:

1. As for late entrants Samsung has hit the nail on the head about the possibility of not all new clubs taking up membership. Sticking to a rigid deadline would see potentially an 8 team (say) division 3 and 2 (or more?) clubs strong on and off the field stuck in tier 4 for a year (technically 1 of the 2 I know of applied on time but with a weak bid they've now strengthened).

2. Dual registration is unworkable as anyone could tell you a September-May season and a March-November one aren't compatible.

3. On the travelling front the RFL are looking at a tier 3 league for teams centred on the midlands and adjacent areas. This raises issues with regards to 2 of the 9 new clubs but those 2 clubs are allowed to come to their own decision. With division 2 being Yorkshire biased and division 3 Lancashire biased this raises some concerns travel wise (especially when the likes of Heworth drop down). Regionalising division 2 would solve this issue but at the end of the day it is up to the clubs whether they want that or want all divisions to remain in their traditional national form.

4. Reserves: This is a very difficult one. The issue of double headers was raised either on here or another thread recently. This is a good idea when Oldham St Annes play Rochdale Mayfield, not so much when Wath Brow play West Hull. You could say band premier and division 1 together and divisions 2 and (assuming we have one) 3 together to split them both west and east for reserve purposes. This would make about half of games double headers and pad them out with local games.

The issues here are would you let the stronger sides (Leigh East and Thatto Heath particularly) opt out to play in tier 4 leagues and would you let outpose clubs play in their local league to cut down on travel?

Alternatively you could revert to BARLA rules that made reserve teams more suitable for first team leagues but at the expense of restricting the number of first team players you could drop to reserves.

#17 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

Maybe said club never ACTUALLY applied, in fact they only enquired about joining the league, and were announced as one of the new teams without proir notice.

#18 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

Who sits on the appeals committee?

Representatives from the RFL.

#19 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

They probably realised what the implications were for not fullfilling a fixture.

#20 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

They probably realised what the implications were for not fullfilling a fixture.

Neither club is known for calling off games if it's the 2 I think it is. Possibly travel costs (which were covered for games over 75 miles in the RLCN/NCL3).

Edited by bowes, 05 October 2012 - 11:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users