Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

More trouble darn't lane

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

http://www.loverugby...eford-fans.html

Not looking good for our neighbours.
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#2 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

But I thought they'd just got a new 'money man'...... http://www.totalrl.c...new-man-at-cas/

#3 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

http://www.yorkshire...claus-1-4986056

A great community club
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#4 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Two of there staff have been employed at Fev over the last 48 hours Lets hope they do better for us and we don't end up like them

#5 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

Two of there staff have been employed at Fev over the last 48 hours Lets hope they do better for us and we don't end up like them

hope we're not getting top heavy.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#6 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

"Top heavy" is how I'd describe the whole game.

In first grade terms $uperleague is top heavy on the Championship base.

In development terms, first grade is top heavy on the reserves/academy/scholarship base.

Our pyramids are upside down and - worse still - are based on sand.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

"This is the time to be honest with the fans". Does this mean that up until now they haven't been honest with the fans?????

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

I'm probably going against the grain of most FEV fans, but as much as i dislike them i hope they don't go belly up. RL really can't afford to lose anymore teams.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#9 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

Will the last person out please turn the lights off
"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

#10 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

"This is the time to be honest with the fans". Does this mean that up until now they haven't been honest with the fans?????

Richard Wright kept peddling the ‘things are happening‘ line too much.... cant see him being too honest as hed dug himself in too much of a hole.

Cummins Out.

#11 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

I'm probably going against the grain of most FEV fans, but as much as i dislike them i hope they don't go belly up. RL really can't afford to lose anymore teams.

same here dave....but they'd be VERY welcome in to the Champs....... :)

#12 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

same here dave....but they'd be VERY welcome in to the Champs....... :)

Aye, we need our rivals, and the game needs all it's member clubs.

Anyway, is that to give us 6 guaranteed points, or just to wave at as we pass them in our way up? :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#13 frankj

frankj
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

I think it's a shame when any Club has financial problems. But RFL have set the standard by their treatment of Bradford Bulls. Slap on the wrist and points deduction at worst.

#14 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

Another mockery of the licensing process, they were passed as a solvent healthy club last year and a credit to SL. How many more clubs need to suffer before the RFL admit the system is failing.
Heard they told their fans that they are not even issuing season tickets for next season due to owing £600 k to the inland revenue and debts of £2 million. If true I can't see them being able to pull that round as there just isn't that kind of money spare in the area.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#15 Wakey Til I Die

Wakey Til I Die
  • Coach
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

I know one is Darren Payne, who is the other?

#16 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

Matt crowther

#17 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

I can't believe how this has happened! Ten years ago they had 3 times as many fans as Wakey and possibly the best set of youngsters in Rugby League on their doorstep, judging by how many times Cas & Airedale High Schools were featuring in the finals of the national school championships. These promising youngsters, however, seem to prefer to go elsewhere. The blame has to be in the boardroom.

#18 Cush

Cush
  • Coach
  • 460 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

Who gives a ###### What happens at cxs ?

#19 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

me
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#20 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Me too. To me the beauty of this game is to play your nearest neighbours, when you are both at the top of your games, or at least in the top division. This to me has been sorely missed over the last 17 years, we had a small taste of it in April. I for one would hate it if we never had chance to play Castleford ever again, it was part of my gripe when SL occurred and the merger was muted.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 07 October 2012 - 07:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users