Best moment of the 2012 season

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Personally, it has to be David Hodgson's last minute try to beat Hull at the Magic weekend, followed by the half hour-long celebrations in the concourse afterwards where the police, stewards and a lot of other teams' supporters joined in. It was an unreal experience.

#22 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

Ryan Baileys break for McGuire's try at Catalans the other week. Can't beat a big prop is full flight swatting off would be tacklers.

#23 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,777 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

The Bulls players dancing on the pitch after the win at Wigan, when the club was on its knees.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#24 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

Warrington Wolves v St Helens, regular season, St Helens get in front through Paul Wellens, the Sky cameras pan to Mike Rush and Keiron Cunnigham gesticuating for the side to get a roll-on. This is picked up in the away end where almost the entire away support copies the two coaches.hand signals.
A quality moment in an eminently forgettable season..

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#25 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,734 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

Tom Briscoe cutting through the middle of the Leeds defence was a highlight for me - strength & pace, a great try. :)

This.

But the Saints v Catalans ending was the best all round. Wish I'd have seen it live instead of watching Salford beat Hull in a dismal game!
Posted Image

#26 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

Best single moment of spontaneous joy was Jack Littlejohn's penalty after the siren to give Newtown a 26-25 win - getting the Bluebags into the finals with the last kick of the regular season. Much man-hugging ensued.

Closer to home, Hornets' thumping of Barrow to deny them the CC1 title was probably the highlight of our season.

Edited by Hornetto, 05 October 2012 - 07:26 AM.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#27 StixRooster

StixRooster
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

Sticking 60 past Fev at Post Office Road was good and was going to be the highlight, till the play-offs and then it just got better and better every week, culminating in the aforementioned try last Sunday and the climax at just gone 6 when we won the GF!

Champions, it's a good feeling...

Other opinions found on Twitter @stixrooster

#28 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,434 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

2 for me.

Magic Weekend was, as ever, simply brilliant. I really like the way the Wire fans embrace these events and I have never failed to enjoy things like this, Cup Finals, Barcelona etc with the Wire fans.

Last weekend beating Saints in the Semi. To win is such style, playing some lovely Rugby against a team playing well was amazing, and the sense of relief that we had finally made a Grand Final. I've been to around half a dozen of them and had always dreamed that at one stage I'd be able to watch my own team there.

Hopefully we'll play as well as we can and tomorrow will be the highlight of a very enjoyable season.

#29 twosevenzero

twosevenzero
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

Tomkins try at the 'Magic Weekend',...............................magic !!!!
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me".

FIOS

#30 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Finally seeing Warrington win at Wembley (I went in '75 and '90, but not in '74, '09, and '10).

Honourable mention to the Skolars season. This season I got round to watching them regularly, and apart from the home game against Workington I was very impressed.

I really wanted the Bronco's game at Leyton to be successful as I only live five minutes away, but unfortunately it's not the answer for them - if there is an answer that is.

#31 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

the Catalans Wide to Wested try finished off by Millard against my team but even better the cool conversion by Dureau

#32 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

no brainer for me widnes 37 wigan 36...................................................
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#33 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

no brainer for me widnes 37 wigan 36...................................................

edited for accuracy

Widnes 37 Wigan B 36

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users