Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Mid Week Fixtures

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 maxwel

maxwel
  • Coach
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

Good morning everyone we have just arrived back into Leigh at 00-45 hours after a long round trip to West Hull where we played East Hull under Wests lights, having left Leigh at 16-50hrs the previous day.We are not professional clubs and players have to be up for work TODAY to try and earn a crust to keep their families. What makes it worse East Hull play Dockers on Saturday why could that fixture not be re-arranged for tonight involving no travelling for either team and we could have played East Hull Saturday, I suppose that would have been to easy.On another note I would like to congatulate the East player (1) who went into the clubhouse at the end of the game where all the miners players had congregated even though they had a 2 hour plus journey to get home. East players could be seen to be leaving the car park as if they had been summoned by the Pied Piper of Hamlin, much to the disgust of some of their committee, good luck for the rest of the season.
Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

#2 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

Good morning everyone we have just arrived back into Leigh at 00-45 hours after a long round trip to West Hull where we played East Hull under Wests lights, having left Leigh at 16-50hrs the previous day.We are not professional clubs and players have to be up for work TODAY to try and earn a crust to keep their families. What makes it worse East Hull play Dockers on Saturday why could that fixture not be re-arranged for tonight involving no travelling for either team and we could have played East Hull Saturday, I suppose that would have been to easy.On another note I would like to congatulate the East player (1) who went into the clubhouse at the end of the game where all the miners players had congregated even though they had a 2 hour plus journey to get home. East players could be seen to be leaving the car park as if they had been summoned by the Pied Piper of Hamlin, much to the disgust of some of their committee, good luck for the rest of the season.

Looks like it's become more of a chore to get games on than enjoyment, shame about Easts players not going into the clubhouse as well but they may have had other reasons not too.

I'd have gone to the game if I knew it had been on.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#3 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

Great fixture planning ,another example of not putting the needs of the players first how long are you going to put up with it ?
Its your league or so we are told one for Del Capo to address its not bloody rocket sceince or is it ?

#4 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

Great fixture planning ,another example of not putting the needs of the players first how long are you going to put up with it ?
Its your league or so we are told one for Del Capo to address its not bloody rocket sceince or is it ?

It seemed to work well for years!!!
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#5 Harrison's barmy army

Harrison's barmy army
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

Just a thought but why didnt the league make us (dockers) play last night therfore leaving East to play Miners this saturday!! dont get me wrong i would much prefer to play Saturday but surely would have made things a whole lot easier

#6 maxwel

maxwel
  • Coach
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

I made that comment in my earlier post HBA. The ironic part is they cancelled our fixture for this Saturday game against Pats because they thought we may need a break after playing in the final two days before we played East Hull and would have mean't 3 games in a week but make us play saddleworth on the 10th, again on a wednesday night it beggars belief.
Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

#7 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Congratulations to Miners for backing the weekend final up with a good result over here in Hull

Having watched the final i think the lads at miners deserve to be treat better, they are getting penalised for their success

#8 barbara henderson

barbara henderson
  • Coach
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

Congratulations to Miners for backing the weekend final up with a good result over here in Hull

Having watched the final i think the lads at miners deserve to be treat better, they are getting penalised for their success

I know which position I would certainly prefer to be in - a successful season resulting in a fixture pile up, or fighting off relegation at the bottom of the league - a no brainer really!!! :wacko:

#9 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

This isn't unusual, there's quite often a fixture pile-up at the end of the NCL season, at least once causing a league match to also be treated as a cup match.

As for the poor ordering of the fixtures, I suspect that Dockers wouldn't have wanted to move from the Saturday. Not that better planning wouldn't go amiss of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users