Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford and Dewsbury link up

Rams media release

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

BULLS IN DEWSBURY RAMS LINK UP

Thursday 4th October 2012, 07:19

Bradford Bulls and Dewsbury Rams have entered into a formal agreement that will see players shared between the two clubs as well as benefits for both clubs.

Super League Clubs with a ‘Green’ rated Academy side have been allowed to ‘twin’ with a side from the Championship and both clubs have moved quickly to formulate plans. The partnership will see Dewsbury having access to Bulls players who are not in the 19 –man squad and who are too old for the new Under 19 Academy structure as well as enabling the Bulls to look at any prospects in the Rams side.

There will be opportunities for the Rams to use the Bulls training facilities at Tong as well as joint training sessions in pre season and there will also be a link up with the local Community Clubs in the amateur game in Dewsbury and Bradford. It is also envisaged that fans of both clubs will be able to watch the other side at a reduced cost.

Bulls Coach Francis Cummins said today:
“We are delighted with this partnership with the Rams. Glenn Morrison is a highly rated Coach and I am looking forward to working with him in developing players for both clubs. There was a natural synergy with Dewsbury as we already have a partnership with them through our Lottery and I am ure the benefits of this arrangement will be felt at both clubs and in the amateur game.”

Rams Coach Glenn Morrison is excited by the partnership.
“It’s something I am looking forward to. The Bulls have a lot to offer the Rams and we too will be making a big contribution to this relationship. It’s an exciting time for both clubs and I am sure it will beneficial to the Rams and the Bulls as well as the Community Clubs in both areas.”

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#2 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

Well, i applaud the straighforward openness of that statement but if it doesnt worry supporters of the championships nothing ever will.

No attempt to word the statement in such a way as to allow the reader to form the impression that a fixed number of players will be dr'd to Dewsbury for the year, tells it as it is, access to a pool of players that will vary from one week to the next.

Does it also leave the non 'green rated' sl clubs scrambling around on a week to week basis trying to find somewhere for senior players outside their 19 to play or will there be overage players in the u19s?

#3 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

Well, i applaud the straighforward openness of that statement but if it doesnt worry supporters of the championships nothing ever will.

No attempt to word the statement in such a way as to allow the reader to form the impression that a fixed number of players will be dr'd to Dewsbury for the year, tells it as it is, access to a pool of players that will vary from one week to the next.

Does it also leave the non 'green rated' sl clubs scrambling around on a week to week basis trying to find somewhere for senior players outside their 19 to play or will there be overage players in the u19s?

What is a "green rated academy"? Who has them?

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#4 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

interesting to read of the linkup there hopeing to do with the local clubs .that would look a bit like trying to get the cream of the dewsbury youngsters i wonder what huddersfield will think of that
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#5 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

What is a "green rated academy"? Who has them?

there the better teams such as leeds, st helens, bradford, warrington and wigan and i think london

#6 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

there the better teams such as leeds, st helens, bradford, warrington and wigan and i think london

Thanks. Any idea how they are actually defined, other than being the "better" teams?

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

#7 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,116 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

good to see dewsbury adopting a lesser club..............
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#8 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

Thanks. Any idea how they are actually defined, other than being the "better" teams?

mainly local products and good coaching and proof of a clear pathway to the first team for a reasonable number of the acadmy players . also having sufficent players of good quality to complete in the acadmy league

#9 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

Not entirely sure. I saw a comment from a usually well informed poster on bradfords forum a few weeks back i seem to recall the suggestion being that only 6 clubs had been given the green rating. One those was bradford but at the time it was not clear which league they would be in next year. I assume its based on an RFL assesment but have no idea what was assesed or when.

#10 burke

burke
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Wakefield also are Grenn rated.

#11 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

This was brought up at the Bulls forum and Stuart Duffy mentioned those with green academies could adopt this link up, he said there were only 5 (?) and it was Bradford, St Helens, Leeds, Wigan and Warrington. Although he was naming them on the spot answering a question from the floor, so if he'd missed any it was understandable.

Anyway, I assume Dewsbury would have to agree to it so they must see it as a good thing.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#12 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

Not entirely sure. I saw a comment from a usually well informed poster on bradfords forum a few weeks back i seem to recall the suggestion being that only 6 clubs had been given the green rating. One those was bradford but at the time it was not clear which league they would be in next year. I assume its based on an RFL assesment but have no idea what was assesed or when.

Think it was discussed at the Bulls fans forum last week with the new owners and coaching staff in attendence. Didn't go myself, but remember reading about this - I had assumed the Dewsbury link up was common knowledge to be fair - and I think your summation is about right.

EDIT- as Hindle described just moments before I did

Edited by Amber Avenger, 04 October 2012 - 09:41 AM.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#13 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

Here's the press release from the Rams.

#14 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

Probably only one of them should be allowed to enter to stop any suggestions of match fixing.

What an over-reaction that would be

Edited by Amber Avenger, 04 October 2012 - 09:46 AM.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#15 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

I wonder what would happen if one of the Championship teams that are currently running a full academy pathway were to be green rated. Could cause a few issues. :unsure:

Please view my photos.

#16 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

I wonder what would happen if one of the Championship teams that are currently running a full academy pathway were to be green rated. Could cause a few issues. :unsure:

Hmm, i suspect there are ... er ..... 'ways & means' of avoiding that kind of thing.

#17 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

Hmm, i suspect there are ... er ..... 'ways & means' of avoiding that kind of thing.

Exactly. :rolleyes: <_<

Please view my photos.

#18 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

Dewsbury Rams are pleased to announce an exciting new mutually-beneficial partnership with Super League club Bradford Bulls.

The deal will see outstanding young players from the Bulls set-up be given the opportunity to prove themselves with the Rams, while Rams squad members with ambitions to make it in the Super League could be given the chance to impress with Bradford. Rams head coach Glenn Morrison will be given access to Bulls players not selected in
Francis Cummins' 19-man Super League match-day squad who are too old for the newly-introduced under-19s Academy competition. The partnership will also allow the Rams the opportunity to make use of the Bulls'
training facilities at Tong High School and joint pre-season training sessions could be held in the lead up to the 2013 campaign. Through the new agreement, both clubs hope to strengthen playing ties with the area's community clubs, which could see fringe Rams first teamers turn out for local
sides when not required as part of Morrison's match-day squad.

The Rams and the Bulls also hope to unveil discount matchday admission packages for supporters of both clubs, allowing fans to take in a game at Odsal or the Tetley's Stadium when their own side isn't in action.

Rams head coach Morrison says he is excited about the potential of the new partnership, and the benefits it can bring to the club.

"It's something I'm really looking forward to," said Morrison. "I feel they have a lot to offer the Rams and we too will be more than happy to
contribute to this relationship. It's an exciting time for both clubs and I am confident that the new partnership
will bring with it huge benefits for the Rams, as well as the area's thriving community scene."

Bulls coach and 'Dewsbury lad' Cummins echoed Morrison's sentiments, and emphasised the importantce of building on the two clubs' "natural synergy".

"We are delighted to be able to partner with the Rams," said Cummins. "Glenn is a highly-rated coach and I am looking forward to working with him and
helping to develop players for both clubs. There was a natural synergy with Dewsbury as we already have a partnership with
them through the lottery, and I am sure the strengthening of these links 'on the field' will bring great benefits to both clubs and the community game."
Dewsbury Rams media

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#19 creditwhereitsdews

creditwhereitsdews
  • Coach
  • 335 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Utter PR drivel - Cummins talking about "natural synergy". Glad he never became our coach, even Warren Jowitt was more succinct.
Is this really what this game has come to?

#20 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

Is this really what this game has come to?

yes,clubs sharing resources.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 04 October 2012 - 06:41 PM.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users