TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Playing Games

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

Seems like our friends up the road are up to their normal tricks again, take a look at there site.

#2 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

whats been said marra i cant read the original bit its blank

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Seems like our friends up the road are up to their normal tricks again, take a look at there site.

Just another "unofficial Whitehaven spokesman said" story. They were caught out over the Matty affair and want to even the score. Sad really.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 houndpup

houndpup
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

god they really are a sad lot

#5 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

Had a quick look and cant find anything. What we missed.

#6 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

think its in the "non rugby discusssion" bit whatever its about

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

Had a quick look and cant find anything. What we missed.

Non-rugby section under "Moral Dilemma"

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

:lol: How pathetic is that, its like a written word version of that horrible ITV show where a load of menopausal women sit around whinging and crying.

#9 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

What's crack, my many personalties are all banned by the muppets over there
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#10 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

They love to have a dig at Town, yet seem to forget that there has been a few Haven players that have been naughty in the past as well. I know of one that was done for assaulting a mate of mine.

Edited by OttO, 04 October 2012 - 12:21 PM.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#11 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

What's crack, my many personalties are all banned by the muppets over there

Talking about a few of the players who were in Leeds on the ######, seems they got a little fighty and got banged up for the night with a couple legging it an getting away with it. They are now going over it like a load of women , obviously with them having no player signings and looking very dodgy for the new season they are trying to take there minds of it by talking about town as usual. Poor little things.

#12 houndpup

houndpup
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

hmmm getting done for drunken disorderly (all done it) or robbing hard working folk of there council tax , getting nicked for being drunk ,you can av a laugh about it robbing local council tax , is a disgrace

#13 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Good god, who cares. There out of season, ###### up and enjoying themselves.things get out of hand, as has been said,we've all done it. If that's the worst they get up to I think were pretty lucky. Let's just hope none of the havens players antics make it into the public domain.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#14 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

hmmm getting done for drunken disorderly (all done it) or robbing hard working folk of there council tax , getting nicked for being drunk ,you can av a laugh about it robbing local council tax , is a disgrace

Both that club and it's fans are morally bankrupt... yet they they take the moral high ground with regards to some Town players allegedly getting in a wee bit of trouble after a night out on the Town afetr the season has finished.

Like I said before they seem to forget about their own "superstar" Sicey who spent some time in the slammer..
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#15 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

That cool dude mr iceman says if the thread turns into a haven v town thread he'll hand out bans! So we're not allowed to reply as we'd like to basically. What it boils down to is they will take any opportunity to have a dig at us and lets face it they cant over rugby matches (5) or hosting the world cup can they.

#16 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 354 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

I wouldn't be too bothered about it boys, pretty sad and pathetic really

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#17 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

The mods have locked the thread lol. Those 5 defeats are still hurting.

#18 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

They think nobody has noticed how silent they have all become over the Matty fiasco after our Chairman made a public statement, and they have raised this as a come back instead!!!!!!! As I said earlier - it's sad really.