RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

GRAND FINAL

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Is anyone going as part of the early bird scheme? A few of us are meeting in White Lion prior to going to Old Trafford if anyone fancies a drink with fellow Lions fans.We will be there from 2pm.

#2 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

yeah I will be there pal, I am picking Paul and Les up from Westhoughton.

Did you get my ticket for the game from the shop?

#3 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Yes I've got your ticket Andy,will see you tonight for lottery

#4 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

ok pal

#5 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

"Grand Final" Yet another Australasianism which has been imposed on British rugby league in recent years due to the combined efforts of Sky and the Super League luvvies.
Seems like we've totally shelved our once proud native RL cultural in favour of the alien pressure from the Down-Under-Brigade and their obnoxious lackeys.

How I would love it if the one-way-traffic was halted sometimes and terminology reacquired a British flavour once more.

"Grand Final"?

Kick it into touch and re-brand it properly as the "Championship Final" just as it once was in the truly good-old-days of the 20th century.

#6 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

Five of my mates came with me to the Grand final yesterday and were completely blown away with the experience.They will be going every year from now on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users