• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

Really enjoyed it.

The moose joke had me giggling for quite a while after and still makes me grin. (This guy? Was he Swedish? Its a moose!)

#22 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Finally got round to watching the new episode on Sky+ over the weekend.

Pleased to say I really enjoyed it. :)

Far superior to the last attempted reboot on Dave, and much more in keeping with the old BBC version.

I laughed out loud several times. Always a good sign when watching a comedy show! :D

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#23 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Much better than I expected, and thankfully more like proper RD from series 1-5 than 6-8 or RTE. The moose thing was obvious but brilliantly done, but the pole vault joke and hat joke were proper laugh out loud moments.

#24 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,594 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Missed most of it, but the bits I saw were encouraging. Like slipping on a familiar pair of comfy shoes. :)

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#25 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Missed most of it, but the bits I saw were encouraging. Like slipping on a familiar pair of comfy shoes. :)

I got round to watching it on Friday evening. My views pretty much match yours; hopefully the rest of the series will at least match the opening effort. :)

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#26 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,330 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Second episode was even better than the first - some classic Dwarf ideas in there

Lister's drunken father-son video interchange
The predictive computer
The medibot
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users