TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Wolves odds-on for the double

RFL media release

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#41 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

I always bet on the Grand Final and as much as it pains me I had to bet on Warrington, I'm not willing to throw money away just because I don't want them to win!

Last week was Leeds Grand Final, Wire are different to Wigan and seem to have the beating of Leeds when it matters. They dominated the cup final and will dominate tonight, Wire by 13+ is what my money is on.

#42 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

The winnings won't but you're forgetting you get your stake back with a winning bet.

So if he puts £10 on each bet, that's a £20 outlay.

If the first bet wins at 11/10 he gets £21 back.

If the second bet wins at 17/16 he gets £20.62 back.

Hence why it's only worth putting a large amount on each and having a covering bet on the draw.

Or like me you might have backed Warrington when they went out to 3/1 before they played Saints, then had a covering bet on Leeds at 13/8 this week and be feeling very smug right now.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#43 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Last week was Leeds Grand Final, Wire are different to Wigan and seem to have the beating of Leeds when it matters. They dominated the cup final and will dominate tonight, Wire by 13+ is what my money is on.

Wrong,today is Leeds Grand Final.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#44 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Or like me you might have backed Warrington when they went out to 3/1 before they played Saints, then had a covering bet on Leeds at 13/8 this week and be feeling very smug right now.

Was it a whole pound mate?

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#45 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Was it a whole pound mate?

You know me so well :D

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#46 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

I always bet on the Grand Final and as much as it pains me I had to bet on Warrington, I'm not willing to throw money away just because I don't want them to win!

Oh well, I'm absolutely gutted...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: