Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Feeder Clubs/ SL Link Up?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

So with extra DR , how do you keep your players match fit , who arent getting games GOR , its same problem weve had , but now yours will be worse , with a squad of 25 rams plus 5 DRs , always thought rams /dogs might form a joint academy , at some point , run by both sides development officers arranging games with other academy / reserve sides givin players game time who are left out of bothrams/dogs squads

There was at one point a joint A team - must have been late nineties or early noughties ( this Ram is beginning to lose his R.A.M so maybe somebody will be able to enlighten me) I don't really know why the idea was dropped after one season - I suppose arguments about who was going to be in the team of the day, who had priority in selection etc, but it seemed a good idea that was too quickly dropped.

#22 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

Not every other club have their players on first hand display who can get a taste of the high life of SL.

Rams have put their players in the shop window, but that's only one down side (IMO), the other is becoming a part of another club. Maybe not by name, but a little bit of Dewsbury's identity as gone now. It's like the NRL feeder clubs.

I really hope Batley don't go the same way.

think you better get ready for the worst

looking at this mornings league express

#23 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Not seen today's Coolie - what does it suggest?

#24 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

JK says we are in discussions with 2 SL clubs. (Giants and Cats?)

#25 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

Afraid most champ clubs are going down this route, don't think we've much option really, if we left it we'd probably be the only club not linked to a sl club. Not sure if it's a good thing, time will tell.

#26 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

Not seen today's Coolie - what does it suggest?

It says 2 SL clubs have approached us , and at the moment we are in talks with both parties

Reading the RFL bit about link ups ,and trying to understand it , super league clubs are allowed to partner 2 championship clubs but only one in each area , so bulls wouldnt be able to link with us an dewsbury for instance , so fred suggests Cas n Giants which we have a good history of DR with , im gonna add wildcats ,Hull KR n Saints to that list too cos we seem to have relations with these as well, so take your pick , your allowed 8 throughout season and 5 per game , if you link with 2 clubs is that per club ?????? , too many grey areas , its like a minefield

Edited by Batley Bob, 08 October 2012 - 11:54 AM.

#27 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,033 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Not sure I want to trust Duffy - I once bought a guitar off him when he owned Jigsaw music - fell to bits in a couple of months. :o

Thought it was your Pete Townsend imitation that did that GOR?

B)
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#28 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,033 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

It says 2 SL clubs have approached us , and at the moment we are in talks with both parties

Reading the RFL bit about link ups ,and trying to understand it , super league clubs are allowed to partner 2 championship clubs but only one in each area , so bulls wouldnt be able to link with us an dewsbury for instance , so fred suggests Cas n Giants which we have a good history of DR with , im gonna add wildcats ,Hull KR n Saints to that list too cos we seem to have relations with these as well, so take your pick , your allowed 8 throughout season and 5 per game , if you link with 2 clubs is that per club ?????? , too many grey areas , its like a minefield

If you think the Bulls are dodgy wait until the Cas announcements to come shortly!
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#29 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 909 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

Today, 10:33 AM

so fred suggests Cas n Giants which we have a good history of DR

Think you should check Freds post again Bob,as above, he says CATS not CAS so presume he means Wildcats.
WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#30 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

Still not a fan of it! It would probably mean more young players would want to play for the club, but it's panning out to be like the AFL's 'feeder club' scheme.

SIGNATURE

#31 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

The next step will be to change your identity..using the word Bradford into your club name; Keeps the super league as a closed shop...AND YES..kills off the championship as we know it;

#32 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Today, 10:33 AM

so fred suggests Cas n Giants which we have a good history of DR

Think you should check Freds post again Bob,as above, he says CATS not CAS so presume he means Wildcats.

wasnt dissin him col , just throwing a few more names in we seem to have good relations with , as it doesnt say whos approached us

#33 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Keeps the super league as a closed shop...AND YES..kills off the championship;

Never thought of it that way. So does this mean the Super League hopefulls (Fev, Fax and now maybe Sheffield) will be staying away from a link up? Can't do much for either club in a deal to be fighting for SL and maybe the possibilty of fighting against eachother.

SIGNATURE

#34 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

Fev will not be linking up with any S/L club and proud to say I will be supporting a club that won't be dictated by a S/L team in a few year Also believe Fax are not either

The way Batley have come on in the last couple of seasons I didn't think they would of great club up at the mount with an excellent coach Time will tell how this works out but lets hope it's not the start of feeder clubs which I think it will be

#35 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Where does it end? Rochdale have 3 people lined up from who they want to name their new coach. However, if the proposed link up with St Helens is to go ahead then Saints want one of their coaches in charge at Rochdale!!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#36 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

Where does it end? Rochdale have 3 people lined up from who they want to name their new coach. However, if the proposed link up with St Helens is to go ahead then Saints want one of their coaches in charge at Rochdale!!!!!!!

Is that what Saints have said? If that's the case, they will definitely have become St Helen's 'B'.

SIGNATURE

#37 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

Is that what Saints have said? If that's the case, they will definitely have become St Helen's 'B'.

Both RL newspapers yesterday were reporting this, so it appears that is the case.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#38 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

Think prob be hull kr,saints,wake,cas. Suppose can be good don't think kear will be dictated to as much as some teams or have 5 in at time,still got a good Squad of 23,prob more if kear sees anyone and won't want to disrupt team too much

Edited by marko9, 09 October 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#39 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

Never thought of it that way. So does this mean the Super League hopefulls (Fev, Fax and now maybe Sheffield) will be staying away from a link up? Can't do much for either club in a deal to be fighting for SL and maybe the possibilty of fighting against eachother.

I think Fev have stated that they will not be linking up with anyone....The Rugby League (also known as Super League) only have ideas to benefit any cause for the top clubs; Why the Championship club chairmen constantly fall into their trap is beyond my comprehension; What about this scenario...Halifax bond with Huddersfield...Halifax qualify for promotion; The Rugby League in its wisdom decide that in fact that these two clubs are ONE anyway; Hello merger;

#40 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

After weeks of speculation, changes to the Academy structures have finally been confirmed. Is it the end to British Rugby League as we know it? I think not…

Give my blog a read if you like! :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users