Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New Kit Designed by Local Kids

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Great idea to get the local youngsters to design the new home shirt. Another example of the club getting involved in the community.

Who knows we may be launching the career of the next Stella McCartney or Paul Smith.

I couldn't wait for last season to end - now I can't wait for the new one to start !!!

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#2 Normy

Normy
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Which schools were involved. We should be giving free tickets to the local schools.
:rolleyes:

#3 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

South Leeds Academy and every entrant will receive a free junior season ticket and the winning designer will be presented with a shirt before a home game, the school will be presented with a framed shirt in assembly to be displayed in the school corridor.

Myself, Barry and Peter Todd have just returned from the school open evening and the designs on show are simply outstanding I'm sure you will all be delighted with the outcome.
Hawkeye
Posted Image

#4 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

Great work by all concerned, another step forward for the club in the community, lets hope the project will entice some of the kids to become Hunslet fans for life! Looking forward to seeing the designs!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#5 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

Article on website

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#6 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

Good news, does this school play RL and if it dosent can we get them started?
Posted Image

#7 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,098 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

Good news, does this school play RL and if it dosent can we get them started?

yes they do.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#8 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

South Leeds Academy and every entrant will receive a free junior season ticket and the winning designer will be presented with a shirt before a home game, the school will be presented with a framed shirt in assembly to be displayed in the school corridor.

Myself, Barry and Peter Todd have just returned from the school open evening and the designs on show are simply outstanding I'm sure you will all be delighted with the outcome.

You did'nt av ur dinner money nicked did u Hawkeye...........Great news,i hope all yellow and blue pens were removed before they started......

#9 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

What a great idea-- you should also read the York Forum-- a bit of gossp, latest pages on our sponsorship.
Seeing our connection with the Leeds College of Building, how about a competition to design a covered terrace on the Shangrilah side of the ground ? and-
- does the club still have the architects design for that part of the ground, which used to be on disply in the club office when we first moved to SLS ?

#10 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

Fantastic idea, lovely stuff.
Posted Image

#11 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

This is a cracking initiative.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users