Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

David Solamona is....

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

25/1 for first try scorer. What are the odds of that?
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#2 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

25/1 for first try scorer. What are the odds of that?

Around 25/1.
Posted Image

#3 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Around 25/1.

:D :D
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#4 dogga

dogga
  • Coach
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

obese
union whats that?

#5 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Thread of the season award

#6 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

a fat ####???
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#7 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 793 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

is he playing?

#8 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

is he playing?

no they are using him to roll Old Trafford before the start, someone got the two Old Traffords mixed up.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#9 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

What interests me about Solo is how big he will get now he is stopping being a full time athlete. If he can spot a burger with the same instinctive brilliance he can spot a pass, he'll have his own post code in no time.

#10 Blotto

Blotto
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

What interests me about Solo is how big he will get now he is stopping being a full time athlete. If he can spot a burger with the same instinctive brilliance he can spot a pass, he'll have his own post code in no time.

He had a good Teacher in Big Joe Vangana! ;)
If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

#11 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

Wow a human being and no one has any respect for him - stick and stones yeah!! but some of you need to look in the mirror.

If you've ever been overweight you'll know how hard it to lose........ I wish Solo all the best.

#12 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,458 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

He had a good Teacher in Big Joe Vangana! ;)

Big Joe wasn't that fat. If you ever saw him around town, he was just big ... he had a fair V -shape between shoulders and waist and legs like tree trunks.

Mind you, a few times when I did see him, he was queuing in the Sparks bakery stall at Morrisons.
My hero.
:D

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#13 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

Wow a human being and no one has any respect for him - stick and stones yeah!! but some of you need to look in the mirror.

If you've ever been overweight you'll know how hard it to lose........ I wish Solo all the best.

Oh shut up you soft git.
Posted Image

#14 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

Around 25/1.

Like shooting fish in a barrel!
Posted Image

#15 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

It's not very good for a full-time professional athlete with the access he must have to good medical / dietary advice (and buffets apparently)
Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

#16 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

he is a big man, no doubt. however, he is a pro and does his job well. what is his lean body mass? I suspect nobody on here knows, so do not judge his physique. as in most sports health does not really come into the equation, if you can do your job that is all that matters.

#17 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,813 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

Did you see what happened to Inga's waistline when he left RL? That may answer your question.

Apparently, every time he went back home, his family thought those cruel English people were starving him at Wigan, so they made sure he didn't didn't have the ghost of a chance of going hungry in the off-season.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#18 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Oh shut up you soft git.

Whilst you have a point, I do also think PMJ had a point.

If this was a thread about online bullying on AOB where people were using forums to call somebody fat and make fun of them, I'm sure there'd be quite a lot of judging on that thread. Because he is sportsman he is expected to take a hell of a lot more.

I actually really enjoy seeing people getting in trouble when they make inappropriate remarks on Twitter to famous people.

#19 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Around 25/1.

:lol: ......bizarrely!

#20 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

I'd guess the odds on him making the pass to provide the first try might be a bit lower?
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/