Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Challenge Cup Gate Receipts/ Ticket Prices

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

My understanding is that the (no doubt dwindling) gate receipts from the SL playoffs go directly to the RFL for redistribution.

Does anyone know what happens to the (no doubt equally dwindling) gate receipts from the Challenge Cup rounds up to and including the quarter finals? Also are the ticket prices for the earlier rounds set centrally by the RFL or can the clubs set their own prices?

Thanks.

Edited by foozler, 04 October 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#2 Dessie O'Hare

Dessie O'Hare
  • Coach
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

After the deduction of the 5% RFL levy and the fixed costs of hosting the game the gate is shared 50/50. Its traditional to under report the gate as this means greater profit for the home club. Prices can be agreed mutually between the clubs until the quarter finals.
"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

#3 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,622 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

This was also the case in the days of the regal trophy and lancashire and yorkshire cups i remember once london Crusaders drew Wigan at home in the lancashire cup at crystal palace,uncle mo came on the wigan coach with 6 men who all stood at the gates with counters.

Total gate that day around 1800
£ 6.00 50% = £ 3000.00

Hardly seems worth it even in 1991:))))

CM

Unless I'm missing something, how is 50% of (6x1800) £3000?

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,244 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

Unless I'm missing something, how is 50% of (6x1800) £3000?

It is if you're using the same accountant to manage your club's salary cap...

:P

Edited by brooza, 05 October 2012 - 08:11 AM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#5 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

This was also the case in the days of the regal trophy and lancashire and yorkshire cups i remember once london Crusaders drew Wigan at home in the lancashire cup at crystal palace,uncle mo came on the wigan coach with 6 men who all stood at the gates with counters.

£ 6.00 50% = £ 3000.00

CM

And we were later banned from the Lancs Cup for not sending Wigan their share of the gate :)

#6 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

£ 6.00 50% = £ 3000.00

CM

They did that at Whitehaven once as well
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#7 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

After the deduction of the 5% RFL levy and the fixed costs of hosting the game the gate is shared 50/50. Its traditional to under report the gate as this means greater profit for the home club. Prices can be agreed mutually between the clubs until the quarter finals.

Many thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users