You (Padge) and Parksider are so SL centric in your views that there seems to be no space in your vision to accept that clubs outside of SL can ever advance from where they are at present to the point whereby they could be ready for a SL place.
You and others are so blindly optimistic in your views that there seems to be no space in your vision to appreciate the events of Superleague this past 17 years and take them into account. Here are a few.
1. In the formative years of SL Lyndsay tries to get rid of the smaller clubs through “merger” which in reality would have been the bigger club swallowing the smaller club. In the process he insults two of the smaller clubs.
2. Keighley, Batley, Hunslet and Dewsbury are all blocked from Superleague when we are supposed to have P & R. Huddersfield however are repeatedly reprieved. Did we have fair P & R – I don’t think so just manipulation.
3. London go into administration, the clubs are set to relegate them, The RFL under Lewis now rescues them and gives them an SL place ad infinitum in Superleague. Before the license committee even sits London are effectively in.
4. Lewis announces Les Catalans are in for 3 years effecting the first licence before the system is even adopted. By the time Cats 3 years is up P & R is abolished anyway. They will not be relegated.
5. Lewis accepts Samuels Crusaders into the RFL and rushes them all the way to the top in a record climb from nothing to the top division. Manipulation or what?
6. Championship clubs like Leigh, Halifax, Barrow cheekily put in SL applications that are dismissed out of hand. Two of the clubs complain bitterly and are told to shut up. They shut up.
7. Wakefield go bust. The RFL save them and put them back in SL. Bradford go bust The RFL save them and put them back in SL. Superleague ratify the moves, the Championship clubs keep their mouths shut.
8. To save SL clubs money the RFL then allow Superleague clubs to tie up championship clubs as their “A” teams thus effectively ending Superleague dreams for many championship clubs and isolating clubs who retain ambition. Two clubs complain bitterly and are ignored.
9. All through this Superleague monitor the championship clubs playing rosters. Any decent player at any Championship club is whisked away thus making it impossible to build a side for superleague outside Superleague.
10 All through this SL clubs actively market their clubs and sell season tickets in the championship neighbours areas
11. The leaders of the four biggest SL clubs go to France this year two years before the licensing committee next sit and unilaterally wave Toulouse through for Superleague 2018. Astonishingly people who are arguing for Sheffield in 2018 (like you) post what a marvellous idea this is.
12. On Bradford's demise the RFL suggest several clubs may be asked to apply for their place and Sheffield is not one of them. On thumbing their nose at the RFL by winning the Championship the RFL fail to congratulate the club leading their director to lament “do the RFL Care”.
Keighley my good friend, and other valued colleagues on here, wake up and small the coffee and kindly understand my pessimism……….