Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bolton

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hi. Yes that was him. I really did hate been called sir myself, but It did install discipline and respect - something footballers could learn - then again I was at times called things VERY different from sir :lol:

Very good ref,you probably reffed our age group too.It was always impressed upon us to call the ref "Sir",it was amazing what you could get away with when you did that ;)

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 17 October 2012 - 04:04 PM.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#62 stewpot01

stewpot01
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Very good ref,you probably reffed our age group too.It was always impressed upon us to call the ref "Sir",it was amazing what you could get away with when you did that ;)

No doubt I will have done, from 86-88, then I smashed my ankle. Although I was grateful to East Leeds as we used to train there and got myself back to full fitness.
I did have one sad regret when I had to send off one of your youngsters at Bus Vale for throwing a punch and it connected. It made me feel down at the time and made me want to pack it in.

Edited by stewpot01, 17 October 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#63 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

No doubt I will have done, from 86-88, then I smashed my ankle. Although I was grateful to East Leeds as we used to train there and got myself back to full fitness.
I did have one sad regret when I had to send off one of your youngsters at Bus Vale for throwing a punch and it connected. It made me feel down at the time and made me want to pack it in.

it wasn't me!
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#64 stewpot01

stewpot01
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

it wasn't me!

Thank god for that. If I remember I think he was one of the front rowers, dark hair. It was against Middleton and the lad caught one of theirs with an absolute beauty, he was out cold. Dennis pleaded with me at the time, but I had little choice, it was in front of all my colleagues and the society president was there too and had I not sent him off then I would have been in trouble. But it still hurt to send a youngster off no matter what the circumstances.

#65 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Des_Drummond

stumbled on this again...for info, Bolton played Bury at weekend (Bury won again) but Des Drummond is now coaching Bolton Mets

In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users