• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bird

bird
  • Coach
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

Is Widdop available?

Edited by bird, 05 October 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#2 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

I think if Widdop was available he'd be snapped up by an NRL club, and probably on more money as well.

#3 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Doesn't look good for widdop, surely Melbourne wont be signing finch as a back up n cronk might aswell have that no.7 tattooed on his back so for me widdop will be cover for the halfs n full back
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#4 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

i'd suggest that Finch is exactly that, a back-up.. and someone who will push Widdop, and maybe even help him better his game.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#5 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Widdop still has a year to run and has no real intentions of leaving Melbourne or Australia. His family is out their and is partner just gave birth last Sunday. Also I doubt Melbourne would release a key player who is still young and offers so much. Bellamy hates seeing his players leave. I can see Finch as a back up especially over the Origin Period where Melbourne have struggled. I would not be too surprised to see Bellamy stick Finch at 13 in the trial games and see how he goes.

#6 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

Finch will be a backup at 31 years of age
Widdop is considered a far better player and is the future.
Finch struggled to find a club that wanted to keep him in the NRL all of his career, the Storm have worked out well for him.

Edited by AndyCapp, 08 October 2012 - 12:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users