Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Brett Finch to Melbourne

Where Widdop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bird

bird
  • Coach
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

Is Widdop available?

Edited by bird, 05 October 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#2 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

I think if Widdop was available he'd be snapped up by an NRL club, and probably on more money as well.

#3 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Doesn't look good for widdop, surely Melbourne wont be signing finch as a back up n cronk might aswell have that no.7 tattooed on his back so for me widdop will be cover for the halfs n full back
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#4 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

i'd suggest that Finch is exactly that, a back-up.. and someone who will push Widdop, and maybe even help him better his game.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#5 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Widdop still has a year to run and has no real intentions of leaving Melbourne or Australia. His family is out their and is partner just gave birth last Sunday. Also I doubt Melbourne would release a key player who is still young and offers so much. Bellamy hates seeing his players leave. I can see Finch as a back up especially over the Origin Period where Melbourne have struggled. I would not be too surprised to see Bellamy stick Finch at 13 in the trial games and see how he goes.

#6 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

Finch will be a backup at 31 years of age
Widdop is considered a far better player and is the future.
Finch struggled to find a club that wanted to keep him in the NRL all of his career, the Storm have worked out well for him.

Edited by AndyCapp, 08 October 2012 - 12:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users