Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Season Tickets

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,487 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

why has the word shirt been hashed out!!!???!!!

Sure you typed shirt ? :)
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#22 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 781 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

Might be a good idea to get the cost of these season tickets up on the club's website,so we all know how much they will be costing us.

Waiting to receive details of all prices then everything will be going on the site (and online shop). Promotional e-release will also be going out to all fans.

#23 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

thats a bit of a hike from the last 2 years

think wakefield are peddling one for £125 for the super league games

nice to see the heaps of income from the carboot & the function room hire is not offsetting the season tickets

or are the club starting to get a little greedy ??

paid £40 for rubbish
paid £80 for rubbish and a season so dis-jointed by the end of it didnt seem like weve had a season
will not be paying £115 for possible feeder team rugby,under jowitt i stopped learning which players were which due to the massive turnover

so hoping for a little more this season than another one of revolving doors back to the parent club.

wouldnt have been so bad £120 for a season ticket & a free shirt

but a 30% increase after the rubbish thats been served up over the last 2 seasons in out of order i feel...

Whichever way the results go next year, the rugby has got to be more entertaining than last, and if that's the case I'll just about stretch to the £130 it's going to cost me to park my old carcass and have a fair chance of getting to the bar before the SS turn up after the match. If GM is true to his promise that we will not become bulls second team, then I reckon it will be worth it. Wakey might sound tempting at £125, and I bet the giants will be peddling them at a good deal less, but come on - do you really want to watch the trash that SL serve up ? :o

#24 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

as BSJ says £115 for 15 games aint too bad,but usually on top of my season tickets i buy shirts,tops,jackets & that usually tops £150 easy
looking at my reciepts from last season including..launch night,various matchdays & end of season sales my outlay was £270 on various items.

so to see the price hike in tickets without all the full facts is a shock..

#25 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

as BSJ says £115 for 15 games aint too bad,but usually on top of my season tickets i buy shirts,tops,jackets & that usually tops £150 easy
looking at my reciepts from last season including..launch night,various matchdays & end of season sales my outlay was £270 on various items.

so to see the price hike in tickets without all the full facts is a shock..

Ahh you fashion icons - I bought my shirt the year we left crown flatt and it still fits - with a large shoehorn and some help from the ball and chain, :lol:

#26 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

I know times are hard but we do seem to read a lot of contradictory stuff on here don't we?

When the team is struggling all that we read is that the fans are the lifeblood of the club and should be listened to; how the club should dip its hand into its pocket and sign some better players; then, when season ticket prices are announced we hear how the chairman should somehow manage to reduce their prices. Where does the magic money come from to pay for all of this?

It's difficult to think of anywhere decent that you can get admittance for a tenner and enjoy (?) yourself nowadays. Fifteen matches for £150 would have been good value - £115 is a bargain.

Excellent post BSJ.

Also the price of the Season Tickets has increased by 30% but the number of Home League Matches has increased by 44%!

I really is irritating when people moan on here about wanting to move the Club forward with New Coaching Staff, New Players, Ground Improvements
etc but do they really think that such things are absorbed by the Club on the same income levels? Also lets look forward to paying out more winning Match
Pay next year - hopefully twice as much as 2011!

Coolie if you speak to MS he will tell you that function bookings have been falling for the last 2 years and that spend at the bar per head at
such functions has fallen to an average of £7.00 per head!! The club are not being greedy but money is also needed for Main Stand Roof Repairs and
Floodlight Maintenance and if you had attended the game last Wednesday you would have noticed the result of this latter expense. The new terracing will
also cost £x thousand per step and 5 donations from individuals have already been sourced to enable this to start - so contact me ASAP Coolie with your
donation and we can perhaps move it forward to 6! I can assure you that your donation will not go out of the back door.

For C*****'s sake let's have some positivity about 2013 instead of moaning about £10 per game, feeder team rugby etc etc

#27 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

usually on top of my season tickets i buy shirts,tops,jackets & that usually tops £150 easy

As i know personally coollie clothing in 4x sizes costs more .

#28 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

I dont see the need for all the negativity. Roll on 2013. I actualy think 115 is cheap considering the 4 extra league games.

Come on Coolie, cheerup mate. positivity next season ;)

Even your joanne might be getting a season ticket next season and shes as tight as you when it comes to money! ;)

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 08 October 2012 - 11:42 AM.

#29 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

As i know personally coollie clothing in 4x sizes costs more .

OI CHEEKY

its 3 XXXL if your goona take the mick lol

wilsden ive already said i didnt realise we were getting more games !!!!! lol

IT IS A GOOD DEAL AND YES ILL BE GETTING ONE NOW I KNOW THE FULL FACTS

my letter only just arrived Grrrrrrrrrrr

its ok to say lets feel positive.....after the last two seasons its gonna have to take more than a new coach & a few signings

need to see the changes....not fantasies about what could happen ;)

#30 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

OI CHEEKY

its 3 XXXL if your goona take the mick lol

wilsden ive already said i didnt realise we were getting more games !!!!! lol

IT IS A GOOD DEAL AND YES ILL BE GETTING ONE NOW I KNOW THE FULL FACTS

my letter only just arrived Grrrrrrrrrrr

its ok to say lets feel positive.....after the last two seasons its gonna have to take more than a new coach & a few signings

need to see the changes....not fantasies about what could happen ;)

But where would we be without fantasies Coolie ?

Just thinking about RL here you understand.

:wub:
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#31 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 942 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Waiting to receive details of all prices then everything will be going on the site (and online shop). Promotional e-release will also be going out to all fans.

o.k thanks Tom,sounds like the season tickets will be good value for money,i'm sure most championships club's will cost more then ours.

#32 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

If the fans want the club to progress, it costs money£115 for a season ticket is pretty good value in anyone's book.

#33 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,077 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

why has the word shirt been hashed out!!!???!!!

you missed the r out

#34 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Which rout ?
I thought Warrington hung in there pretty well ; )
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#35 Monkbar

Monkbar
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

And 10% off if you are a DREMA member. Or has the form has it a memeber.

#36 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

If the fans want the club to progress, it costs money£115 for a season ticket is pretty good value in anyone's book.

I've three to buy so the increase is even higher, but surely its worth it to have a proper season of 26 games as opposed to the truncated seasons we have been having (I dont include the Toy Town Cup) ? My guess is that it will be harder to shift the 500 we did last year, times is hard, but if we want to move forward lets hope we can.

#37 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

And 10% off if you are a DREMA member. Or has the form has it a memeber.

Really? No discount for squadbuilder members, but I suppose that would be a bit of a contradiction.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#38 Monkbar

Monkbar
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

No DREMA only, if you have held for 12 months or more. They do ask fo a squad builder contribution too though. If they get behind the sticks sorted I'll be getting 2 adults and a kid, otherwise just one adult.

#39 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,487 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Excellent post BSJ.

Also the price of the Season Tickets has increased by 30% but the number of Home League Matches has increased by 44%!

But the number of Northern Rail games has decreased by 100%. :(
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#40 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

Still waiting for these to go on the site Tom.

Maybe remove the promotion for the 2012 CC Final too!

:rolleyes:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users