Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Big news in tomorrow's Mail

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

Paul Turner of the Evening Mail has tweeted:

Huge and surprising news in tomorrow's @Eveningmail about a possible @BarrowRaiders return for a big name #rugbyleague

My guess: Bret Mc. Boom Boom!

Will whoever it is inspire Liam Harrison to have another runout next year? Hope so.

Moff.

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#2 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Paul Turner of the Evening Mail has tweeted:

Huge and surprising news in tomorrow's @Eveningmail about a possible @BarrowRaiders return for a big name #rugbyleague

Its not D J is it? ohh no that wont be for another 7 years yet haha

#3 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

It might be a dumpy australian half back returning company car.

#4 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

Barry Pugh ???

Posted Image

#5 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

The BIG news is...... Holty has spoken to Brett Mc and the door is open for him to return in March if he wishes.

Hardly big news is it :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Edited by Penno, 06 October 2012 - 10:20 AM.

#6 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

The BIG news is...... Holty has spoken to Brett Mc and the door is open for him to return in March if he wishes.

Hardly big news is it :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

I think its great news!
Imagine Brett back in the team, he scares the siht out of the opposition and can pass on his vast experience to the younger members.
Grrr, get in Brett :angry:
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#7 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Whilst nice to know that a club legend has the oppertunity to return to the club and potentially end his career with head held high, being realisitc, do we really see a place for him in the team?
With several quality young prop forwards already signed on for next season in Dawson, Haggerty x 2 and Brennan, plus Butler and McGoff signing on as well, we already have strength in depth in that position, not to mention that should Brett choose to return he wont have played for 2 years and will undoubtedly be rusty.
Only thing i can think of is a potential changing of position for some of the above, maybe see Dawson become a wide running second rower with Ostlers potential retirement and uncertainy surrounding Harrisons immediate future

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#8 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

Kurt Haggerty isnt a prop.

Having seen the Cage fighting vid of Brett he looks fitter than ever and I for one would like to see him back down for another season....great experience to bring Dawson and Brennan on.

Edited by morty, 07 October 2012 - 08:37 PM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#9 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 564 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

Whilst nice to know that a club legend has the oppertunity to return to the club and potentially end his career with head held high, being realisitc, do we really see a place for him in the team?
With several quality young prop forwards already signed on for next season in Dawson, Haggerty x 2 and Brennan, plus Butler and McGoff signing on as well, we already have strength in depth in that position, not to mention that should Brett choose to return he wont have played for 2 years and will undoubtedly be rusty.
Only thing i can think of is a potential changing of position for some of the above, maybe see Dawson become a wide running second rower with Ostlers potential retirement and uncertainy surrounding Harrisons immediate future

I'm with you on this: with have a team of wingers and Forwards.

How about looking at halves?

#10 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

Morty - accordng to bbc new announcement when we signed Kurt Haggerty, they have him down as a prop. Where do you see him playing?
Flaming Balls - dont mind us having a big set of forwards, just need some 2nd rowers as well as props. Need players who can last 80 minutes on the field, not just 30 mns before blowing up as props tend to do. By all means, bring Brett in if we can change the positional play of some of the other or even Brett himself, wouldnt mind a big aggressive set of forwards who can dominate a game.
But i do agree that we need at least 1 more quality half back to play alongside Campbell, and thats nota dig at Kaighan before people start, thought he had a great year.
Also, get Pedley resigned so he can hopefully show his worth after s dissapointing season !!

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#11 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

Kurt Haggerty player stats http://www.loverugby.../Kurt-Haggerty/

Matthew Haggerty (who we signed from Haven) is a prop http://www.loverugby...tthew-Haggerty/

Edited by morty, 08 October 2012 - 09:34 AM.

Lee Morton

#12 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

I'm with you on this: with have a team of wingers and Forwards.

How about looking at halves?

Id love to see Oldhams Jamie Dallimore signed on...rate him very very highly

Lee Morton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users