Fev Reserves

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 505 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

Apparently the RFL didn't want Featherstone to have a second team this year as the rules stated that as they were playing against SL reserve teams that there players had to be signed on full time players.

The RFL wouldn't budge on this stipulation and from what I was told many of Featherstone reserves are signed on and paid the minimum wage to play 2nd team rugby. Some of these players will never make the 1st team but are paid the same or if not more than the 1st team just so they could compete - crazy!
Posted Image

#2 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

how can they be paid more than first teamers ?
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#3 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

how can they be paid more than first teamers ?

John makes a point Rambo.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#4 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

Apparently they had to be full time players - like their SL counterparts so had to be paid the minimum wage accordingly, which meant they were paid more than some (not all) 1st team fev players who also earn money from their jobs outside the game.

The 1st team fev team are mainly part time players and are paid a lump sum plus match terms - albeit a lot than what dewsbury pay.
Posted Image

#5 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 922 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

None of this adds up. Maybe one of the Fev fans on here can explain.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#6 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Everyone has to be paid the minimum wage. First team, reserves, part time, full time.

Blame the Government, not the RFL.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#7 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

Each team is given a set amount by the RFL before the season starts. My understanding is that most clubs use this for the funding of contracted players, which depending on how much they pay out possibly equates to about 15/16 players.

Clubs then use their own revenue, sponsorship, squadbuilder contributions, investment, winnings, etc to fund the rest of the squad, who are usually paid on match terms with perhaps a small signing on fee.

Given that Fev probably a lot more disposable income than every other club, bar perhaps Fax, they then obviously have more available to pay players, thus allowing them to run a reserve team, who no doubt are just paid on match terms.

For teams like ourselves (batley) and you guys though this income only really enables us to fund the remainder of the first team squad.

Or at least that's how I think it works!

#8 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,135 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

then why are part timers allowed to play againstfull timers in the challenge cup.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#9 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

Each team is given a set amount by the RFL before the season starts. My understanding is that most clubs use this for the funding of contracted players, which depending on how much they pay out possibly equates to about 15/16 players.

Clubs then use their own revenue, sponsorship, squadbuilder contributions, investment, winnings, etc to fund the rest of the squad, who are usually paid on match terms with perhaps a small signing on fee.

Given that Fev probably a lot more disposable income than every other club, bar perhaps Fax, they then obviously have more available to pay players, thus allowing them to run a reserve team, who no doubt are just paid on match terms.

For teams like ourselves (batley) and you guys though this income only really enables us to fund the remainder of the first team squad.

Or at least that's how I think it works!

So why are Sheffield running five teams and Fax not ? :blink:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#10 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

then why are part timers allowed to play againstfull timers in the challenge cup.

Shush, don't remind them!

#11 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

Don't know where you got this info from we don't even get the money to run the team like the S/L clubs do and I wouldn't think Sheffield do too

#12 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 505 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

I know, so it's testament to how much your BODs want to get Fev into SL and how much the RFL want to keep it a closed shop.

Have seen you are improving the ground as well - just hope that you eventually get the nod for promotion. As I believe the game needs to see a heartland team not only gain a rightful promotion but make a success of it.
Posted Image

#13 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

The Challenge Cup is a competition for all rugby league. Amateurs play in it too.
SIGNATURE

#14 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,135 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

The Challenge Cup is a competition for all rugby league. Amateurs play in it too.

then why can't the academies be?
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#15 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

then why can't the academies be?

Because if they're an 'academy' side, their club is more than likely already represented in the competition by the first side. It's upto the club if they want to put second string out, as seen usually when a SL club draws a CC1 side or amateurs.
SIGNATURE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users