• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

Barrow Raiders@BarrowRaiders
Just received news that the revamped Barrow Raiders website will be going live on Monday 8th October, pm. Will post link when it's up.

#2 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

Hallelujah !!!!!!!

Posted Image

#3 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

It's up!

http://www.barrowrlfc.com/

Looks good, too! :-)

#4 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 549 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

Looks really good. I'll have a proper snoop later

#5 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Excellent website. Interesting feature on the need to fit new floodlights by end of 2013

Posted Image

#6 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

Like it much better than the old one......

Hopefully we can find sponsors to help funding for the floodlighting?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#7 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

Can't access the new website today...................just keeps going to the old one again.

Edited by Baaarrow, 09 October 2012 - 07:22 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

I like the new website, but it could do with a few 'share' functionality links, like those at the bottom of this very page (eg Twitter, Facebook 'like' button, Google + etc).

Any chance of getting some of these added? You could share stories/news from the old website, so you should be able to do this via the new one.

#9 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

Alot of very out of date info still on the site though. However it is a big improvement on the old one.

Edited by Baaarrow, 09 October 2012 - 10:34 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

Wow, looks good!

How about adding a graph showing how much beer sold at each home game? :D
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#11 drewjak

drewjak
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

Great new look for the site , just needs a little tinkering here and there e specially some of the player info , also would like to be able to browse through the pictures in a sldes how style with out having to click on each one individually to see it in full size.

#12 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 776 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

One thing I did notice that on the players stats screen somebody forgot about Ryan Shaw! :wub:

#13 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

New website was lagging behind with news of new signings, however it seems to be getting updated on a regular basis now...............

Edited by Baaarrow, 16 October 2012 - 10:40 AM.

Posted Image

#14 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 549 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

Surely the Official Club Website should always be the first point of release for any kind of news?

#15 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

Surely the Official Club Website should always be the first point of release for any kind of news?

Not necessarily. These things are called press releases for a reason: News always gets out into the world quicker via local press, radio and the grapevine. Does it really matter as long as information is being released and being disseminated to as wide an audience as possible? It's not a race.

I personally don't have anything to do with the Raiders website, but I'd imagine whoever's doing the updates - and the Mossop news is up there now, btw - is doing it voluntarily, for free, and has to fit doing updates in between all the other important things that life throws up.

#16 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

Not necessarily. These things are called press releases for a reason: News always gets out into the world quicker via local press, radio and the grapevine. Does it really matter as long as information is being released and being disseminated to as wide an audience as possible? It's not a race.

I personally don't have anything to do with the Raiders website, but I'd imagine whoever's doing the updates - and the Mossop news is up there now, btw - is doing it voluntarily, for free, and has to fit doing updates in between all the other important things that life throws up.

All official press releases are sent out by me and they go simultaneously to the NWEM, Radio Cumbria, BBC Sport, our Twitter administrator and the web administrator. As Dave rightly says there can sometimes be a slight delay with the website because it takes a volunteer's time to get it on there. I don't believe the delays are significant though.
If anybody knows of any other media who might want to receive them please let me have their emails and I can include them.
The response and level of publicity we get from the NWEM and BBC Radio Cumbria is the envy of even most SL Clubs and these two outlets deserve praise for what they give us.
Speaking to John Gibson (Radio Cumbria) this morning and he tells me that if you go on your TV and press the red button to find RL news you will find many of our releases re players reported on there.
The level of exposure the Raiders are getting just now is phenominal to say the least.

Posted Image

#17 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 549 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

All official press releases are sent out by me and they go simultaneously to the NWEM, Radio Cumbria, BBC Sport, our Twitter administrator and the web administrator. As Dave rightly says there can sometimes be a slight delay with the website because it takes a volunteer's time to get it on there. I don't believe the delays are significant though.
If anybody knows of any other media who might want to receive them please let me have their emails and I can include them.
The response and level of publicity we get from the NWEM and BBC Radio Cumbria is the envy of even most SL Clubs and these two outlets deserve praise for what they give us.
Speaking to John Gibson (Radio Cumbria) this morning and he tells me that if you go on your TV and press the red button to find RL news you will find many of our releases re players reported on there.
The level of exposure the Raiders are getting just now is phenominal to say the least.

I know we get good coverage. Personally I think the Club Website should be first to put it out there.

I'm not having a dig at it being slow and us not getting no coverage.

#18 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

I know we get good coverage. Personally I think the Club Website should be first to put it out there.

I'm not having a dig at it being slow and us not getting no coverage.

Why do you think it should be first? What difference would it make?

#19 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 549 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Really are you asking me this question?

If your wife was having a baby would you want York best mate to tell your mam or would you want too?

Slightly extreme, but you get my drift haha.

Edited by Flaming balls, 16 October 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#20 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

In an ideal world all the outlets would launch the news simultaneously but it never happens that way sadly.
Dave W normally gets it on twitter immediately and the NWEM and Radio Cumbria are equally fast. I will certainly look at ways at improving the speed it gets on the website to see if we can get it in line with the rest of the outlets but I think we may not be able to do it all the time. As I said earlier though I don't think the delay is significant.
I rely on whoever wishes to post it for it to appear on this site quite simply because there are now lots of forums around and I simply don't have the time to get it on them all.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users