TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

This is scary stuff!

and its not a spoof!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,745 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

Baden-Powell's Scouting for Boys says this about it.

...the boy after a time becomes weak and nervous and shy, he gets headaches and probably palpitation of the heart, and if he still carries it on too far he very often goes out of his mind and becomes an idiot".

#22 Exiled Townie

Exiled Townie
  • Coach
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

Baden-Powell's Scouting for Boys says this about it.
...the boy after a time becomes weak and nervous and shy, he gets headaches and probably palpitation of the heart, and if he still carries it on too far he very often goes out of his mind and becomes an idiot".

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Exiled Townie, 08 October 2012 - 07:50 PM.

Jamfree.gifth_jasmax001.jpglaughingstock.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G.Orwell.
St Albans Centurions Website & St Albans Centurions Photo Site

#23 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,745 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#24 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

More American fundamentalism, with the accent on the word 'mental'.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#25 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

Oh dear... the US does seem to have it's fair share of strange people. The problem with this one is that he's an elected politician in a sensitive role that he's no business being anywhere near.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#26 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,149 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

Oh dear... the US does seem to have it's fair share of strange people. The problem with this one is that he's an elected politician in a sensitive role that he's no business being anywhere near.

He may well find himself in good company should this fellow manage to get elected president of the USA. :o
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#27 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,745 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

a ceremony was held to invite Mr Davies into the Church of Latter Day Saints one year after he died.

Did he accept?

The thing is, right, yeh, OK is that all politicians of all persuasions have strange and dangerous beliefs. If we rejected all politicians on this basis there would be none left!.

oh. er...hang on... :) :)

Edited by JohnM, 09 October 2012 - 10:07 AM.

#28 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

I visited the Mormon temple just before it was opened in Chorley, and they mentioned these mass baptism ceremonies on the tour (the font is particularly massive and very impressive, if I remember rightly its on the back of a life sized herd of carved stone buffaloes). I didn't find it massively creepy as I've always viewed any ceremony that happens after death as completely for the family. I'm a humanist though so that probably explains it.