RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Kevin Sinfield

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#101 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

I agree. Leeds don't seem to have a massive amount of hatred aimed towards them (outside of normal rivalries).

However if they keep winning GF's then I'm sure we can work on it.

I agree. Leeds don't seem to have a massive amount of hatred aimed towards them (outside of normal rivalries).

However if they keep winning GF's then I'm sure we can work on it.

That bitofaboogie mush can count for quite a bit,but thats unnatural.have you heard the song"we all hate Leeds"?sung when leeds arn't even playing
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#102 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Oh my goodness, I'm welling up here :(
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#103 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 937 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

The internationals this year are the perfect opportunity to give him a shot at captaincy

Surely Sinfield is the only real candidate for the captaincy. Quite how the team is set up to accommodate his strengths is another matter.

#104 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Oh my goodness, I'm welling up here :(

:rolleyes:
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#105 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,532 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

That bitofaboogie mush can count for quite a bit,but thats unnatural.have you heard the song"we all hate Leeds"?sung when leeds arn't even playing

nope. Not outside of normal rivalries ie. Bulls fans.

#106 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,125 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Surely Sinfield is the only real candidate for the captaincy. Quite how the team is set up to accommodate his strengths is another matter.

Well I'm going to get shot here - are you ready?

Sinfield at 7 and make him captain - we have no one better in the super league who is English, who can control a game and get the best out of his team.

#107 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Well I'm going to get shot here - are you ready?

Sinfield at 7 and make him captain - we have no one better in the super league who is English, who can control a game and get the best out of his team.

Too slow to be 7,either have him at 6 or at 9.Give him a Cameron Smith type role and he would excel.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#108 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Too slow to be 7,either have him at 6 or at 9.Give him a Cameron Smith type role and he would excel.

Well, we need a kicking game and he has the best one. I would ask him where he should play and who what would be the best combinations around him, as:
A) he seems clever and honest; and
B) he knows more about the game than the England coach.
Fwiw, the key question is how to spread our thin talent at 1, 6, 7, 9 and 13 so that we have a kicking game (Sinfield), runners (Sam plus?) and organisers (Widdop?), while finding a way to incorporate Roby. A big disappointment for mine this year has been the lack of development of new English halves. Maybe Powell and O'Brien will be part of the answer in years to come...

#109 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

1. Sam Tomkins
6. Widdop
7. ?
9. Sinfield (Roby on the bench)
13. Sam Burgess

#110 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,125 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

maybe to slow, but very clever, great organiser and quick thinking.
Sam and Gareth as the runners, Roby scooting from dummy half and lockers at 13 I'd be very happy..... its a far better option than chase, brough, lomax or myler @ 7

we need a player with a match winning kicking game, no one else comes close "at present"

#111 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

Isn't Burgess injured so it will be Loughlin at 13?

On another tack - have Sinfield and Magiure ever played 6 and 7 internationally at the same time? Is it worth considering?

#112 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,157 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

Benching Roby for Sinfield would be a ridiculous idea. Roby is one of our best players. He HAS to be on the pitch as much as possible. He's a freak.
Posted Image

#113 brooza

brooza
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

On another tack - have Sinfield and Magiure ever played 6 and 7 internationally at the same time? Is it worth considering?

Unfortunately McGuire is being rested

Benching Roby for Sinfield would be a ridiculous idea. Roby is one of our best players. He HAS to be on the pitch as much as possible. He's a freak.

Particularly if Sinfield is captain, then you're spending half the game without your captain and the other half without your best player

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#114 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,532 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

Sinfield was excellent on Saturday and is a great leader for Leeds.

Lets not go overboard and make him scrumhalf, captain, coach and team manager.

These comments werent happening after the Challenge Cup Final or a whole heap of regular games.

Id have him in as i dont think hes ever been as bad for GB as people state, but Saturday doesnt suddenly change my view of him.

#115 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 937 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

Given the need to have Roby in the side, could you not play Burrow and Sinfield in the halves?

As for the outside backs, I would be controversial and put Hardaker at full back ahead of Tomkins (who still struggles with the high ball, disappointing to see), and shift Souper Sam to the wing, playing outside Reed (who I know is injured this Autumn):

Hardaker
Tomkins
Reed (Ratchford for Autumn 12 series)
Ablett
Hall

Sinfield ©
Burrow

I would have Widdop in the squad to cover.

Edited by foozler, 10 October 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#116 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Given the need to have Roby in the side, could you not play Burrow and Sinfield in the halves?

As for the outside backs, I would be controversial and put Hardaker at full back ahead of Tomkins (who still struggles with the high ball, disappointing to see), and shift Souper Sam to the wing, playing outside Reed (who I know is injured this Autumn):

Hardaker
Tomkins
Reed (Ratchford for Autumn 12 series)
Ablett
Hall

Sinfield ©
Burrow

I would have Widdop in the squad to cover.

Have Tomkins at FB and Hardaker on the wing,with Hardaker going to FB when defending.

#117 brooza

brooza
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Leeds only had 2 imports playing on Saturday, just put the Leeds team out there!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#118 montgorhino

montgorhino
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

Very good SL player but ###### on the International stage and doesnt have the fear or respect to frighten the Aussies that Scully or Faz had. I would put Faz and Scully infront of Sinfield by some distance

You only have to look at his achievments, he would be my first choice, Faz a close second.

#119 T-Dub

T-Dub
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

Well, we need a kicking game and he has the best one. I would ask him where he should play and who what would be the best combinations around him, as:
A) he seems clever and honest; and
B) he knows more about the game than the England coach
Fwiw, the key question is how to spread our thin talent at 1, 6, 7, 9 and 13 so that we have a kicking game (Sinfield), runners (Sam plus?) and organisers (Widdop?), while finding a way to incorporate Roby.

Brilliant post

#120 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 937 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Have Tomkins at FB and Hardaker on the wing,with Hardaker going to FB when defending.

OK so for Autumn series:

Tomkins
Hardaker
Ratchford
Ablett
Hall

Sinfield ©
Burrow

with a view to switch Reed for Ratchford in 2013. And Roger as water carrier, at the most.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users