Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

THE INDEPENDENT ON SUNDAY

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

Maybe slightly off topic but I gave up worrying about the coverage years ago. Far more important is that someone like Wayne Rooney tweets the positives of our game to 5 million people than an article in the back of a paper which most people dont buy

I agree that Twitter is a very important area for our game, and I must say that I think Rugby league has embraced this form of social media very well - see Leeds' initiative with the Twitter names earlier this year - extremely innovative, despite everyone claiming that RL is useless at marketing.

Interestingly, the RL Journo's accounts on Twitter are often even more negative than in the newspapers!

#62 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,679 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

clearly not in all editions John, and it's hardly Hadfield's fault. His report in today's Indy was very good.

Interesting thing is, the edition I read it in was the South East whereas quite often the South don't get these reports. (I was in a hotel in Ashford in Kent)

Dave Hadfield's report was good, I agree. My point about him and others is that we should not expect them to be Red Hall cheerleaders but honest reporters and analysts , even though from time to time we might not like what they say

#63 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,271 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

Interesting thing is, the edition I read it in was the South East whereas quite often the South don't get these reports. (I was in a hotel in Ashford in Kent)

Dave Hadfield's report was good, I agree. My point about him and others is that we should not expect them to be Red Hall cheerleaders but honest reporters and analysts , even though from time to time we might not like what they say

I agree John
it's just a shame that in doimng so he gives oxygen to myopic parochial miserablists

you could sit in front of a keyboard and within minutes write a list a mile long about what is wrong with just about any sport you can think of.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#64 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

you could sit in front of a keyboard and within minutes write a list a mile long about what is wrong with just about any sport you can think of.

True, the difference being RL fans have theirs already typed up and laminated

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#65 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,679 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

myopic parochial miserablists

I see you've met my mother in law. :lol:

#66 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,860 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

True, the difference being RL fans have theirs already typed up and laminated

:D

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users