Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

rfl announce radical plans for the 2013 season

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,130 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

to cut the season to the month of september so that it will stop leeds from finishing 5th and being called champions......................
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#2 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,319 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

to cut the season to the month of september so that it will stop leeds from finishing 5th and being called champions......................

Oh dear.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#3 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

NEWS FLASH - As of 2013 the RFL is banning rugby league fans from drinking bitter.

Sorry that's a misprint! That should read "As of 2013 the RFL is banning rugby league fans from being bitter."

Thank you

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#4 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,834 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

Haven't we already had a joke like this?
Posted Image

#5 Titus

Titus
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

Wouldn't certain teams fair better if they'd played the season in reverse? :unsure:

#6 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

Wouldn't certain teams fair better if they'd played the season in reverse? :unsure:

some would do better if they missed a season
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#7 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

Some teams would do better if they played the game in reverse.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#8 Titus

Titus
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Some teams would do better if they played the game in reverse.

Yes, but wouldn't that have an effect on our national team? Now I'm really confused.

#9 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

I think Sinfield summed it up after the match 'we really had to dig deep for the last month'
Let's face it an 8 team play off means 27 rounds of friendlies followed by a cup comp.

This in not being bitter Leeds play the rules and are a very good team. But I'd rather see that Leeds turn up at saints than the one we get to play in the weekly rounds.

#10 Titus

Titus
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

I love the fact that Leeds have, once again, become SL champions after finishing in fifth position in the REGULAR season.

#11 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Maybe people should put more emphasis on the LLS
Then they'd stop being so bothered by who won that godawful "trophy"

#12 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

I think Sinfield summed it up after the match 'we really had to dig deep for the last month'
Let's face it an 8 team play off means 27 rounds of friendlies followed by a cup comp.

This in not being bitter Leeds play the rules and are a very good team. But I'd rather see that Leeds turn up at saints than the one we get to play in the weekly rounds.

i would rather see leeds turn up at saints in the league and get beat if i knew they would be the champions at the end of the season . sorry but its the prize that counts not how you get there
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#13 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

i would rather see leeds turn up at saints in the league and get beat if i knew they would be the champions at the end of the season . sorry but its the prize that counts not how you get there

I've no problem with Leeds winning it its just that the current format removes any intensity and real competition from the weekly rounds. I'm sure Leeds would have been there under any format.

Surely you don't want to spend money watching a sporting event that in reality is irrellavent until the last few weeks.

Please don't use the F1 arguement I want to see real it matters if we loose matches from every top team.

#14 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,149 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Maybe people should put more emphasis on the LLS
Then they'd stop being so bothered by who won that godawful "trophy"

The LLS already gets too much emphasis.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#15 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

I've no problem with Leeds winning it its just that the current format removes any intensity and real competition from the weekly rounds. I'm sure Leeds would have been there under any format.

Agree completely !
Leeds won the GF and are rightly called the champions, its the system thats ###### and the useless bunch of muppets in Red Hall that brought it in that need sorting out. The current system makes SL a bit of a joke whereby a team like Leeds can coast for 27 weekly rounds knowing they only have to play well for 4 weeks at the end of the year to be crowned champions.

There are very few fans that think a top 8 system is a good idea and the clubs were railroaded into supporting it. They wre effectively told that they either had to the support the top 8 system or the RFL would be in serious trouble. There were several clubs who didn't want the top 8 system (like Saints) but were forced into signing up to it.

It just goes to show how out of touch the current administration is with the fans and the clubs.

#16 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

If it's so easy to just gear yourselves up for just 4 weeks of knock out competition, how come everyone else is failing quite spectacularly at doing so?
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#17 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

If it's so easy to just gear yourselves up for just 4 weeks of knock out competition, how come everyone else is failing quite spectacularly at doing so?

Spot on - everybody criticising Leeds and I fail to understand why no other teams have taken this "approach"

By 'eck there's some mardy Lancastrians out in force today
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#18 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,319 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Spot on - everybody criticising Leeds and I fail to understand why no other teams have taken this "approach"

Just today?
I despair ,I honestly do.The usual suspects full of snide and petty comments.
It says a lot about them.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 08 October 2012 - 09:01 AM.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#19 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,957 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

quite
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#20 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

nothing mardy about this Lancastrian.....at the start of the play-offs you could see Leeds step up another gear, it was inevitable....you can't knock them for it - great players/teams step up when the pressure is on, they needn't/can't do it all year. This will be a learning experience for Wire, who knows - next year may be their year......will be interesting to see if anyone picks Leeds in the club call next year though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users