Photo
- - - - -

THE JIMMY SAVILLE THREAD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
322 replies to this topic

#181 Titus

Titus
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

The NSPCC have branded Jimmy Savile the worst predatory paedophile eve

Is that to cover certain backs.

#182 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

He was charged with having sex with a 14 year old girl ( the act was alleged to have take place 20 years earlier) but got off with it after it was revealed in court that the News of the World had offered the woman £25k if Glitter was convicted. She had already received £15k from NotW. That was in November 1999. The incident with the computer at PC World was in 1997.

Aye.

The article I was thinking of was not in the News of The World. I know you haven't said that it was. IIRC it was in one of the Sunday broadsheets, quite a while before the trial you refer to and it referred to G Glitter allegedly being involved with other girls under 16 as well. It maybe that the NOTW picked that up and did their own bit of digging/slapdash journalism.

Sexual offences prosecutions are difficult enough, given the nature of the allegations and the circumstances of the alleged assaults, but successful prosecutions after the details have appeared in the press, or other media, are not common for obvious reasons. Events in subsequent years and months and years will confirm this.

#183 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

A BBC cover up? Surely not!

FFS give it a rest with your BBC obsession.
Fides invicta triumphat

#184 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

Is that to cover certain backs.

What do you think?

#185 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,867 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

1. If the Director of Public Prosecutions announced that:
  • as the perpetrator of this appalling behaviour was dead, his crimes died with him.
  • the current complainants could expect official criticism of Savile's former employers but no remunerative compensation
the number of complainants would drop drastically.

2. The BBC editorial policy is wide open to scrutiny. As with any pillar of UK society in such a predicament, we can expect a vice acting deputy head to roll.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#186 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,022 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

1. If the Director of Public Prosecutions announced that:

• as the perpetrator of this appalling behaviour was dead, his crimes died with him.
  • the current complainants could expect official criticism of Savile's former employers but no remunerative compensation
the number of complainants would drop drastically.

2. The BBC editorial policy is wide open to scrutiny. As with any pillar of UK society in such a predicament, we can expect a vice acting deputy head to roll.

So,to,clarify, you think people are making theses allegations for financial reward?

Unbelievable if true
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#187 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

So,to,clarify, you think people are making theses allegations for financial reward?

Unbelievable if true

I didn't understand their post in that way.

I think that if people believed there were no consequences to be had - no consequences of any kind - then certainly some complaints would disappear. There are bound to be those who have jumped on the bandwagon, some will have exaggerated, some even may have made everything up. There is no consequence to doing either as the man is dead and so cannot defend himself and the claims will not come under the same degree of scrutiny as they would have done had he been alive and therefore a legal charge against him be possible.

#188 Mantovani

Mantovani
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

There are more intelligent and informed threads elsewhere on the www regarding this subject.

Wouldn't be difficult as some of you here seem to be pig ignorant.

#189 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,419 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

According to the Telegraph today it was Edwina Currie who gave Jimmy Savile the job at Broadmoor.

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#190 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

There are more intelligent and informed threads elsewhere on the www regarding this subject.

Wouldn't be difficult as some of you here seem to be pig ignorant.

In what way?

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#191 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

According to the Telegraph today it was Edwina Currie who gave Jimmy Savile the job at Broadmoor.

Savile 'fixed it' for The Yorkshire Ripper to meet Frank Bruno in Broadmoor. You couldn't make it up...
Posted Image

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#192 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,780 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

FFS give it a rest with your BBC obsession.

News International schadenfreude.

#193 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,465 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Savile 'fixed it' for The Yorkshire Ripper to meet Frank Bruno in Broadmoor. You couldn't make it up...
Posted Image

That's genuine?
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#194 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

That's genuine?

Yep. It's been doing the rounds for a couple of weeks now. Put 'Savile' Sutcliffe' and 'Bruno' in Google images. Even I was shocked by this.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!

#195 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,780 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that the BBC delivers Individual excellence at all levels, great people providing best-in-world quality material across a broad spectrum of subjects at a realistic price. I am even prepared to live with the BBC's self- declared leftish bias in news and current affairs journalism because of the overall high quality of progs such as Newsnight

But...at corporate level, there is a sort of institutionalised arrogance: We are the BBC: we are never wrong. Nowhere is this more evident than in the case of the Savile affair. Only the BBC could run a programme like tonight's Panorama, but equally, only the BBC Director-general George Entwistle could respond to a summons by the Culture Media and Sport Select Committee into what he said on TV this morning, "I shall be taking questions in Parliament" No you won't be taking questions, pal, you'll be answering them, or rather, as with any other situation when the BBC corporate comes under scrutiny, you'll be avoiding answering them.

This is the same arrogance displayed by one Peter Salmon (remember him?) who said that the reason RL didn't get much BBC coverage was because "Rugby League has sold its soul to Sky"
See http://www.guardian....-savile-scandal

The Newsnight editor, Peter Rippon, is to step aside, as the BBC was forced to admit that his programme was aware of allegations that Jimmy Savile had abused teenagers on the corporation's premises and had unearthed information not previously known to the police .

Note: step aside, not resigned or sacked.

Edited by JohnM, 22 October 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#196 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,465 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

Yep. It's been doing the rounds for a couple of weeks now. Put 'Savile' Sutcliffe' and 'Bruno' in Google images. Even I was shocked by this.

Have looked it up now.

The Sun covered it as part of their reporting on Sutcliffe's bid for freedom in 2009.

Just bizarre.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#197 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,755 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

I worked most of my life in mental health care and the penal system

I don't know if Currie was responsible for giving him the job and/or granting him the kind of access he had, but even if he hadn't done what he is accused of, I'm aghast that he was allowed that access.
I would very much like to know who was directly responsible.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#198 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Have looked it up now.

The Sun covered it as part of their reporting on Sutcliffe's bid for freedom in 2009.

Just bizarre.

I know. And Edwina Currie gave Savile the keys to Broadmoor, it seems. All very unsavoury.

Posted Image

#199 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,914 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

Ken Clarke? :o

Edited by Futtocks, 23 October 2012 - 08:27 AM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#200 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,914 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

Necrophilia suspected! :o :o :o

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)