• This topic is locked This topic is locked
322 replies to this topic

#61 HaroldShand

HaroldShand
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Posted Image

It's almost as if he was subliminally taking the p*ss out of everyone.
What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

#62 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

With regards to Saville there seems to be a growing bandwagon to discredit him and the pitchfork waving public are out in full force but I want to see the evidence before I conclude he was a predatory pedophile.

If he was (and has been said on here already), there seems to have been a major cover-up that will incriminate everyone who turned a blind eye or who took advantage of their position of trust. So the guilt lies beyond the celebrity that was Sir Saville.

#63 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,171 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

With regards to Saville there seems to be a growing bandwagon to discredit him and the pitchfork waving public are out in full force but I want to see the evidence before I conclude he was a predatory pedophile.

If he was (and has been said on here already), there seems to have been a major cover-up that will incriminate everyone who turned a blind eye or who took advantage of their position of trust. So the guilt lies beyond the celebrity that was Sir Saville.

A more than slight implication of a major cover up, or at least police complicity: http://timesopinion....by-jimmy-savile
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#64 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

A more than slight implication of a major cover up, or at least police complicity: http://timesopinion....by-jimmy-savile

"In today’s Times story about the allegations surrounding Jimmy Savile, David Sanderson highlighted some quotes from As It Happens, Savile’s 1974 autobiography, that nobody else seems to have picked up on..."

Oh, I've been banging on about these for at least a week now.

He describes how angry parents came to his flat after he spent a night with a group of 'young girls', but as he was out for a run at the time, they said that he'd let them stay the night there alone. His 'minder' was hiding in the wardrobe at the time.

And he describes in great detail how he 'slept' with a group of girls in a caravan, waking up sans clothing as part of an 'octopus of arms and legs'. Again, angry parents arrived and he dressed hurriedly and told them that he'd only arrived 30 minutes before to 'wake them up'.

The book is full of it - it's tantamount to a confession.

Edited by Hornetto, 11 October 2012 - 10:36 AM.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#65 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

I aprtly see what you mean by this, and I was of the same opinion initially too but 50+ allegations. HEard a figure that it's actually around 120. Are all these going to be wrong?

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#66 MikeW

MikeW
  • Coach
  • 815 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

We've heard from lots of people but when are we going to hear from the "minders" who have been alluded to in a lot of the press. Surely one of them wants to get in first with the police because they seem to have a lot to lose here.

#67 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,119 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

well the Metropolitan police seem convinced
http://www.tntmagazi...-say-met-police
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#68 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

I aprtly see what you mean by this, and I was of the same opinion initially too but 50+ allegations. HEard a figure that it's actually around 120. Are all these going to be wrong?

Same here. I have heard rumours for a long time but thought it was either exaggerated or just a smear as he seemed 'a bit odd'.

Lets assume amongst these recent 120 claims (which could be the tip of the iceberg) there are 50% liars and publicity seekers. That's still leaves *way* too many to there be nothing in it.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#69 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

well the Metropolitan police seem convinced
http://www.tntmagazi...-say-met-police

I'm happy with any investigation to run it's course but the police are acting like it's still 1973. They are not the body to pronounce his guilt, they simply have to assemble the evidence without prejudice.

#70 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

I'm happy with any investigation to run it's course but the police are acting like it's still 1973.

1973... they need to get Gene Hunt on the case. He'll sort him out.

#71 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

It seems strange that his family so readily agreed to removing his headstone. Surely if they thought he was innocent, they would ask for police patrols or something until the matter was concluded?

Looks like pretty damning evidence alone.

#72 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

We've heard from lots of people but when are we going to hear from the "minders" who have been alluded to in a lot of the press. Surely one of them wants to get in first with the police because they seem to have a lot to lose here.

Good point. Assuming they are still alive, they must be pensioners by now. Could be a stretch in chokey for some of them, probably denying everything Freddie Starr style.

#73 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,119 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'm happy with any investigation to run it's course but the police are acting like it's still 1973. They are not the body to pronounce his guilt, they simply have to assemble the evidence without prejudice.

no they don't since the case won't come to trial
Keeping it local

#74 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

no they don't since the case won't come to trial

no they don't what?

The crucial thing is that once they've established the facts it is likely there will be people still alive who have to answer some serious questions. By jumping the gun they are potentially prejudicing possible convictions because of all the dead-end leads they'll have to follow. There are plenty of cranks out there prepared to ambulance chase for a quick buck and Savile was a wealthy man.

I accept that it looks like Sr Savile has a lot to answer for but this isn't just about him and the police aren't exactly being sensitive to that. It's like they got their man so typical of old style policing. Wait for a large brush and rug to put this to bed before someone really important gets implicated.

#75 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

Fair point Ackro. Anyone else implicated should not escape justice by the police pinning everything on Saville.

#76 T-Dub

T-Dub
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

It looks like the volume of accusations tells its own story and clearly the Met Police have some strong evidence to have made the pronouncements of Mr Saviles guilt that they have already done.

But finding someone guilty in public without a trial or any sort of proceedings makes me somewhat uncomfortable

Maybe creepy old men are always guilty ?
http://www.telegraph...-of-murder.html

and sometimes the word of impressionable teenage girls is all the evidence needed

http://news.bbc.co.u...and/7052109.stm

#77 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

But finding someone guilty in public without a trial or any sort of proceedings makes me somewhat uncomfortable

Maybe creepy old men are always guilty ?
http://www.telegraph...-of-murder.html

I thought about this case when Mark Bridger was arrested and announced by the press/police to be the culprit

Edited by chuffer, 11 October 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#78 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Re; the above. Its right not to assume someone is guilty simply because they are a bit weird or even just because they were the prime subject.

But if that person was in the frame numerous times wouldn't it start to look a bit suspicious?

The people making allegations are not all star struck teenage girls either. Its not as though one or two girls have made accusations is it? You simply don't get all these accusations for nothing.

#79 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

You simply don't get all these accusations for nothing.

http://www.scribd.co...e-Crucible-Text

That's me.  I'm done.

#80 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,119 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

no they don't what?

The crucial thing is that once they've established the facts it is likely there will be people still alive who have to answer some serious questions. By jumping the gun they are potentially prejudicing possible convictions because of all the dead-end leads they'll have to follow. There are plenty of cranks out there prepared to ambulance chase for a quick buck and Savile was a wealthy man.

I accept that it looks like Sr Savile has a lot to answer for but this isn't just about him and the police aren't exactly being sensitive to that. It's like they got their man so typical of old style policing. Wait for a large brush and rug to put this to bed before someone really important gets implicated.

they don't have to conduct the affair in the same way that they would if proceedings against Saville were under consideration.
They have plenty of evidence asgainst Saville, and it's legitimate for them to comment on it. It isn't just about him, it's about the victims of his behaviour and their vindication.

I don't think that any related investigations wil have been compromised by the met's comments, since the case has already quite legitimately become notorious anyway.
Keeping it local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users