• 2,635 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

http://www.canadarug...le.php?id=10199

#2 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:29 AM

A great crowd of over 5,000 in wet conditions. This will compare with some of the attendances at the England/Wales/France tournament.The CRL are doing a brilliant job on the promotional side.

rldfsignature.jpg

#3 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

A great crowd of over 5,000 in wet conditions. This will compare with some of the attendances at the England/Wales/France tournament.The CRL are doing a brilliant job on the promotional side.

That was my first thought when I saw the crowd figure. Great work from the CRL.

#4 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,810 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

Great crowd, fantastic efforts from the CRL. And wasn't it some sort of holiday in Canada too?

Shame about the result, hope it doesn't set them back. It might actually make them realise they have to raise their game even more.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#5 Spookylish

Spookylish
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Yes, it was Thanksgiving weekend and I fully expected that (and the rain) to have an adverse effect on the crowd so it was amazing to see so many people turn up. Some of the England camp were worried about the result and hoped they hadn't done more harm than good but the general feeling I got from the players was that they are now just more determined to work harder and get better. It was a bit of a disjointed team with them bringing in 4 new players from BC plus a few more players who hadn't played in the last few games. That certainly didn't help against such a fierce opponant.

#6 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Have they decided who the Lions will play in game 2 yet?

rldfsignature.jpg

#7 Spookylish

Spookylish
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

Have they decided who the Lions will play in game 2 yet?

I'm not sure there's going to be a game two. If there is it's not being publicised and will likely be held out of the City, similar to the games vs the RAF earlier this year.

#8 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

I'm not sure there's going to be a game two. If there is it's not being publicised and will likely be held out of the City, similar to the games vs the RAF earlier this year.

It was reported as being a two game tour here, the Wolverines and a club side. Did the RAF play another game other than the one against the Wolverines then spooky?

Edited by deluded pom?, 10 October 2012 - 02:19 PM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#9 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

It was reported as being a two game tour here, the Wolverines and a club side. Did the RAF play another game other than the one against the Wolverines then spooky?

They play the Canada development X111 tonite at the same venue, If its still being played.

#10 Spookylish

Spookylish
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

They play the Canada development X111 tonite at the same venue, If its still being played.

One of the Wolverines just tweeted that they were practising with the Lions tonight so make of that what you will. Same venue.

#11 Spookylish

Spookylish
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

They played a Toronto select side in a warm up game then played Canada 'A', not the full strength Canada side.

Edited by Spookylish, 10 October 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#12 Jeffles

Jeffles
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:41 AM

All this success is great, but what happens now on the domestic front? It would be a big shame if the answer was "Nothing. Season starts again in 6 months".

#13 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

Thanks for the responses spooky and billy.

rldfsignature.jpg

#14 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

when are the lions back home? in time for the weekend matches?

#15 dinosore

dinosore
  • Coach
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

when are the lions back home? in time for the weekend matches?

I believe they are due to land back saturday morning, so if the flights are on time i suppose they could play saturday afternoon, but it is a long flight and whether it is actually practical is debatable.

#16 Spookylish

Spookylish
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

All this success is great, but what happens now on the domestic front? It would be a big shame if the answer was "Nothing. Season starts again in 6 months".

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I know that the CRL guys work tirelessly all year round. They set up the next year's international fixtures, produce a weekly TV show, visit SL clubs and set up partnerships with them, chase sponsorship...I could go on. As for playing the game, conditions dictate that for 6 months of the year there's nowhere to play RL outside. At least not in Ontario.

#17 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

I believe they are due to land back saturday morning, so if the flights are on time i suppose they could play saturday afternoon, but it is a long flight and whether it is actually practical is debatable.

some crucial matches, think a couple will be persuaded, especially the lancs based players if they land at manchester. be interesting!

Edited by usain bolt, 12 October 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#18 dinosore

dinosore
  • Coach
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

some crucial matches, think a couple will be persuaded, especially the lancs based players if they land at manchester. be interesting!

All 4 St.Pats lads played away at Thatto Heath, Anthony Atherton and Ryan Smith starting with Tony Suffolk and Anthony Gallear on the bench.

#19 Guardsman

Guardsman
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

Caldon Bravo was collected by one of his team mates when he arrived back in the U.K. and driven to Eccles where he played for Hunslet Warriors in the Saturday game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users