Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Are we getting the Aus-NZ test televised over here?

All quiet

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

Not really seen anything in the listings for this one. If anyone could shed some light on this please it would be much appreciated. Autumn Internationals are my favourite time of the year.

#2 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Any news? Hello ....... :huh:

#3 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Strange one this as I would've assumed that Sky had the rights as they showed the ANZAC game in May, but appear to be choosing not to show this one. Someone did ask on the Premier Sport Twitter page, but they've said they're not showing it, hence why I assume Sky have the rights. Even if they couldn't show it live (not sure what Sky have got on on Saturday), they could at least show it later on.

#4 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

Sky are showing the IRB Sevens tournament, live from Gold Coast, maybe they couldn't get 2 live feeds from Australia at the same time (Or, more likely, they didn't want to step on Unions toes this early in the season)
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#5 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Sky are showing the IRB Sevens tournament, live from Gold Coast, maybe they couldn't get 2 live feeds from Australia at the same time (Or, more likely, they didn't want to step on Unions toes this early in the season)

the heiniken cup starts too. starts at 1pm until 10pm live plus others on red button.

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

When the Australia - New Zealand match is on Sky are showing Tennis!!!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 dcc

dcc
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

Not exactly on tv but you can watch it via http://www.rlbet.co....eague-streaming

#8 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

According to the papers this moring, Sky are moaning about the amount they are having to pay for soccer and have pretty much admitted that "savings" will have to be made. I guess we've just found out where...
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#9 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

According to the papers this moring, Sky are moaning about the amount they are having to pay for soccer and have pretty much admitted that "savings" will have to be made. I guess we've just found out where...

I could understand that not covering the home International series would save them a bob or two, but I doubt not showing a match from Oz would reap many savings. However, it is more convincing than the Rugby Union theories...

#10 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

it would have cost them next to nothing, the match is also already being up linked via either cable or satellite as it is live in the middle east.

since the premier league deal, sky have signed deals such as...

La Liga
British Lions
Heineken Cup
Australia cricket
India cricket
South Africa cricket
NFL
HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#11 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

it would have cost them next to nothing, the match is also already being up linked via either cable or satellite as it is live in the middle east.

The only cost would have been in having Brian Carney, Shaun McRae and Jon Wells in the studio. The actual match would've been in the same rights package as the NRL GF and the May Anzac Test. Presumably Sky feel they can get more viewers and hence more advertisers from repeating the previous nights Darts on SS4, or whatever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users