Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

rugby league live 2 (game)

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#61 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Seems like a great game with a steep learning curb but love it already.

Your not wrong, in my case I drub the thing in the easiest setting 50/60-0 then next one up (Rookie I think) I always lose, I think the problem in my case maybe somewhere between the coach and the control pad!

#62 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

are most on xbox, i may splash out if so and how many are playing it online.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#63 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Got to say I'm CLASS on it

#64 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

How does it compare to that Wii rugby league game?

#65 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

It doesn't it's a totally different game get it you won't ge disappointed

#66 slowdive

slowdive
  • Coach
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

It doesn't it's a totally different game get it you won't ge disappointed

Tried to today but they'd sold out! Admittedly they only had two in the first place apparently!
"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

#67 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

When I got it I had per ordered it and retailers said there wouldn't be stocking it like other games your best bet will be eBay or amazon

#68 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 575 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Just sold my xbox hence why I asked about the Wii version. Anyone played that one?

#69 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Your not wrong, in my case I drub the thing in the easiest setting 50/60-0 then next one up (Rookie I think) I always lose, I think the problem in my case maybe somewhere between the coach and the control pad!

Balls......that's the same problem I have with the 1st one....

#70 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Just sold my xbox hence why I asked about the Wii version. Anyone played that one?

Yeah.....it's a bit ######

#71 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

Just got it as a xmas present, Its quite good better than the rest of them any ways. ive created my own club called cumberland as it has it on the commentry, would have prefered cumbria though, as cumberland doesnt realy exist anymore :ph34r: :o but hey ho im quite likeing it.

#72 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Had my first go on it last night. In rookie mode i played as widnes v batley and got hammered 26-0......i elected to replay the match but in amateur mode and i won 34-6 so it still has the same problem as the last in terms of the jump in difficulty. One the plus side, the controls make more sense now and there's a better "feel" to the game....little details like the way the ball moves/bounces is a little more realistic than the last effort

#73 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Had my first go on it last night. In rookie mode i played as widnes v batley and got hammered 26-0......i elected to replay the match but in amateur mode and i won 34-6 so it still has the same problem as the last in terms of the jump in difficulty. One the plus side, the controls make more sense now and there's a better "feel" to the game....little details like the way the ball moves/bounces is a little more realistic than the last effort

You just cant be very good on it!! :D , i was like that at first, but now im winning on pro, and the shoulder charges are class

#74 DimmestStar

DimmestStar
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Tried both XBox & PS3 versions and have to say they are both incredibly realistic.

Hull FC didn't win at Wembley on either of them.

#75 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

Its an excellent game.

Not reet good on it, but if anyone fancies a game, my gamertag is FistsAplenty.

Cummins Out.

#76 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Its an excellent game.

Not reet good on it, but if anyone fancies a game, my gamertag is FistsAplenty.

yeah its class but its s**t online the lag is unreal.

#77 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,106 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Well, finally played it today, and I have to say I am dire at it.

I even managed to get the Kangaroos to lose to the Skolars.

#78 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Well, finally played it today, and I have to say I am dire at it.

I even managed to get the Kangaroos to lose to the Skolars.

Sounds like me v thee would be a 0-0 knockonathon! One for the purist, I'm still bleedin rubbish! I think the fact I keep picking it up and having a go speaks volumes for how good it is.

#79 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,106 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Sounds like me v thee would be a 0-0 knockonathon! One for the purist, I'm still bleedin rubbish! I think the fact I keep picking it up and having a go speaks volumes for how good it is.

Aye, I'm really struggling to get to grips with it tbh, but I refuse to go on the easiest level due to comments by yourself and others here as I hate it when you then step up and it becomes a different game.

I am enjoying it though, although I feel like a spectator half the time, and don't get to make any tackles :blush:

I do like the deep passing from acting halfback which allows you to spread the ball quickly, although i'm really struggling with the 5th tackle kick plays, where I end up running round panicking before handing the ball over!

#80 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

I think it's defo the best of the series so far, agree online lag is bad and 5th tackle option is poor as not enough time, also kick offs are too easy to win which isn't realistic. Overall an improvement tho!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users