Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup tickets.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

The prices are out for the game at Spotland and they are £20 for adults and £10 for students, 16 and under and O.A.P.

Let's hope we can get a good crowd for the match and give the R.F.L. a nudge for future fixtures.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#2 BUZZYBEE

BUZZYBEE
  • Coach
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

These are available to buy through the club they go on general sales on the
26th Oct , season ticket holders can buy them now
9:30/4:30 mon/fri

Edited by BUZZYBEE, 08 October 2012 - 02:45 PM.

Wendy
Rochdale Hornets and Proud

#3 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

20 quid for a game between two 'nobodies' on a Monday night - ridiculous. Ive just got tickets for the final and the double header semi final at wembley (all weekends) for 25 quid each and you get a free beanie hat with those.

The preliminary games involving the 'nobodies' should have been a tenner each and a quid for concessions. Once again well done RFL.

#4 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 514 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

20 quid for a game between two 'nobodies' on a Monday night - ridiculous. Ive just got tickets for the final and the double header semi final at wembley (all weekends) for 25 quid each and you get a free beanie hat with those.

The preliminary games involving the 'nobodies' should have been a tenner each and a quid for concessions. Once again well done RFL.

Got to agree with Anita ten quid tops.

Posted Image
A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#5 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 999 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

That's definitely a fake Arthur...........There's no water mark. :lol: :lol:
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#6 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

Just sorted mine through the RLWC website, looking forward to it... Managed to order sat in my usual block as well.
If your after a deal, you can get seats at this coming Autumn International Final at Salford City Stadium for £12 if you order now, given that watching Hornets is £12 i think this is a great offer to see international RL in the flesh
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#7 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Many apologies folks!

I was comletely wrong about the prices, those I quoted were only for the main stand. Pearl St tickets are £15 and £7.50 and Sandy Lane terraced tickets are £10 and £5.00. The Willbuts St stand is not quoted as yet and will probably be used only if the other tickets sales are suggesting it's necassary.

D'OOH

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#8 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Is there any financial gain to our club if we buy world cup tickets from Hornets or not?
RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#9 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Is there any financial gain to our club if we buy world cup tickets from Hornets or not?

I'm not sure O4E, I doubt it will be financial but if we get a good crowd it will stand us in good stead for getting other games like that in the future. I'm sure the RFL will be assessing how the games are conducted in all ways for future reference. I would imagine the stadium company may be paid for the use of the ground but don't know for sure, I will try to find out though.

It would be fantastic to sell 5,000+ tickets for a Monday night game between two unfancied sides and hope that the fans from Swinton, Oldham, Salford etc will consider coming to see a live game. I'm sure the Rochdale Fijians will be making great efforts to sell to their compatriots and we should look at getting into local Irish clubs as well to get some rivalry going on.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#10 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Sorry to be cynical but the futre reference is likely to be confined to future Fiji v Ireland games (and equivalent).

It would be nice to know the secret financial details of the arrangments. Since bidding is now over and games allocated I see no reason for the lack of transparency. Its certainly not in the public interest.

My guess (and I hope I am completely wrong - I often am) is that the bidders had to provide a financial guarantee to the RFL/RLWC for the game (ie fixed pot of money to hand over to RFL) for hosting the game. The bidders then retain any surplus (or incur any losses). Since the Club isnt the bidder is it (??) but the Council or some group involving the council (maybe including the club), then it appears the taxpayer maybe the one at risk. Also given the council (and RFL's) stake in the stadium company it wouldn't surprise me if this was being provided gratis (though Dale might not be too happy about that).

So that is my guess (pure speculation) - I hope someone can come on here and provide the facts.

#11 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

If anyone wants tickets for the main stand I suggest you get them booked NOW, to get two tickets together I had to get block F! The only downside is that however you get the tickets you have to pay the administration fee, £2.50 for internet and in person and £3.00 by telephone.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#12 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

So is the middle of the Main stand reserved for all the visiting fans from both countries flying into Rochdale Intl Airport ?

:(

#13 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

So is the middle of the Main stand reserved for all the visiting fans from both countries flying into Rochdale Intl Airport ?

:(

I doubt it Riggy, I was told they were selling well by someone who had bought some so I got straight on to the RFL and when I asked for two together Block F was the best I could get. To be honest I thought I'd wait until next year to buy mine but I'm really glad I got the heads up about the sales going well and secured mine early.

Don't wait, buy them now and be sure you get yours.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#14 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Fiji got to the semi final of the World Cup in 2008 so I guess they are the 4th best team in the competiton, hardly nobodies. They are also known for playing expansive, attractive rugby, plus I believe they do a haka. Keighley managed to get over 5,000 in for a world cup game between the Fijians and South Africa so I would think the good folk of Rochdale and the rest of the RL world can top that.

#15 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

Yes Fiji made it to the semi finals having played France, Ireland and scotland (who they lost to). And the score in that semi final was 52-0. I was there and it was a waste of money and two hours of my life.

Being fouth in the world in Rugby league is hardly an achievement - they have to have four semifinalists so they had a 'second-level' competiton to generate a lamb for the slaughter (at the expense of giving PNG a fair chance to reach the semis).

To be fair, the price of tickets originally posted on this thread was inaccurate and has since been corrected.

I hope they do fill the stadium, with everyone paying. It would probably get the local taxpayers off the hook. Though I suspect Puggy's inability to get two tickets in the middle stand sections might have something to do with tickets held back for the non-paying dignatories shall we say (The equivalent of FIFAs football family) with local councillors possibly being among them. Seems odd to me that season ticket holders/members were not given some sort of priority for applying for tickets to these group games.

Now remind me, the Fiji v South Africa game - was it on a Monday night in late October during school time? No. And what was the average attendence for Keighly Cougars games at that time - wasn't that at the height of Cougar mania with attendence in the thousands, not the hundreds?

#16 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 782 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Yes Fiji made it to the semi finals having played France, Ireland and scotland (who they lost to). And the score in that semi final was 52-0. I was there and it was a waste of money and two hours of my life.

Being fouth in the world in Rugby league is hardly an achievement - they have to have four semifinalists so they had a 'second-level' competiton to generate a lamb for the slaughter (at the expense of giving PNG a fair chance to reach the semis).

To be fair, the price of tickets originally posted on this thread was inaccurate and has since been corrected.

I hope they do fill the stadium, with everyone paying. It would probably get the local taxpayers off the hook. Though I suspect Puggy's inability to get two tickets in the middle stand sections might have something to do with tickets held back for the non-paying dignatories shall we say (The equivalent of FIFAs football family) with local councillors possibly being among them. Seems odd to me that season ticket holders/members were not given some sort of priority for applying for tickets to these group games.

Now remind me, the Fiji v South Africa game - was it on a Monday night in late October during school time? No. And what was the average attendence for Keighly Cougars games at that time - wasn't that at the height of Cougar mania with attendence in the thousands, not the hundreds?

we have got three tickets in block E although some seats will be for officials the rest have been sold and with just under 12 months to go .it looks like its going to be a success and a lot of people have worked hard to get us to this point. I for one am totally behind this match and the world cup
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#17 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

THats our tickets paid for, main stand Block F
RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#18 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

I would think that the two director's boxes would be used for the dignitaries and RFL officials and they are a decent size at Spotland. Whatever, the tickets are still selling FAST.

I think it's important that we look at the positives and say it's still not 2013 and tickets are selling well so if that pans out across next season we should have a pretty good crowd at Spotland for what could be a decent game of International rugby league.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#19 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Are there any hospitality deals released for this game? Out of interest.

#20 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Are there any hospitality deals released for this game? Out of interest.

If you are interested in buying a hospitality box then I would get in touch with the club asap on 01706 648004. I have no idea about the boxes.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.