Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

London Broncos Announce Changes to Backroom Staff

Broncos media release

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

London Broncos have announced changes to the backroom staff for the 2013 season. Ben Fisher, the former Catalan Dragons hooker, will join the coaching staff as assistant coach alongside Mick Howell.

Head coach Tony Rea welcomed Ben's appointment saying:"Ben is a person who has displayed the character attributes needed to be effective as he transforms his experiences as a player into his abilities to coach. The club looks forward to him integrating into the programme."

Barny Allen has been brought in as Head of Strength and Conditioning with Aiden Oakley as his assistant in addition to Mike Eccles. After graduating in Sport Science from the University of Bath in 2005, Barny went to work for the Gloucester Rugby. He was promoted to Head of Strength and Conditioning in 2009 and during his three years heading up the programme, the club won the LV= Cup and made the Premiership playoffs in the Premiership.

On switching codes with the Broncos Barny said: "Although there are many physical characteristics that are required to play at the highest levels there is also much that is different. I am certainly looking forward to the new challenge of working in rugby league and taking what I have learnt during my time in elite rugby union and channelling it into the Broncos."

Tony Rea said: "Barny Allen is a strong acquisition and a statement of intent. He will be building this very important off season. He will be supported by Mike Eccles who remains as his assistant. Aiden was an intern last season who we just had to find a way to keep. He is an addition and an important one."

Aiden Oakley played for the Harlequins RL Under-20s in 2009 while at University. After graduating from Birmingham University with a BSc Sport and Exercise Science degree he undertook Strength and Conditioning internship in America.

Upon his return he began a year-long Strength and Conditioning internship with the Broncos first team as well as being the under-20s Head Strength and Conditioning Coach. Aiden is in the process of completing an MSc in Strength and Conditioning at Middlesex University.

London Broncos media & PR

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Thought Ben Fisher was contracted to Batley?

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#3 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

But as no season ticket details have as yet been announced by the Club at the time of posting - who will be watching ?

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#4 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

Apart from a few more wins I dont see much else changing as regards the running of the club.
But as ever look forward to being proved wrong on that score.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users