Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

THE 2013 World Cup

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,125 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

THE NEXT BIG RUGBY LEAGUE THING after this weekend and the SL GF
Started by l'angelo mysterioso, 28 Sep 2012can you imagine a response like this from Union fans to theoir world cup?

Sid and Doris Bonkers live

I despair

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 08 October 2012 - 05:36 PM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#2 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Particularly after The RU announce big big stadiums in line for theirs............

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#3 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,793 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

Has anyone volunteered to help make the RLWC a big success yet ? The volunteer application packs are now available, covering 18 different roles at the various venues and training camps.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#4 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 409 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

That is hilarious and sad in equal measure. Hopefully the majority of RL fans aren't represented by these morons.

#5 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Has anyone volunteered to help make the RLWC a big success yet ? The volunteer application packs are now available, covering 18 different roles at the various venues and training camps.

I have the pack but have only looked at it briefly so far. I'm certainly intending to apply.

#6 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,977 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

That's really depressing the RFL get the blame but with supporters like that it wouldn't matter who was in charge.

#7 brooza

brooza
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

I have the pack but have only looked at it briefly so far. I'm certainly intending to apply.

Same here, though it's a bit of a trek into London for my local area

The trouble is, I'd like to volunteer, but I want to be at the matches!

Edited by brooza, 09 October 2012 - 08:36 AM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#8 brooza

brooza
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

It's threads like that that make me glad I didn't support RL while I lived up North, because I feel I would have ended up as bitter as some of the people on there (though I suppose there's still plenty of time for that)

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#9 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,862 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

Particularly after The RU announce big big stadiums in line for theirs............

To almost universal derision in union quarters mind.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#10 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,865 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

I registered a while ago but received nothing yet
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#11 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,125 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

they make you sick
Keeping it local

#12 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,793 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

You can download the application form and the information pack here mate....

http://www.rlwc2013....rlwc_volunteers

Applications have to be submitted by 30th November.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#13 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

To almost universal derision in union quarters mind.

Is that true or tongue in cheek?

#14 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,125 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

It's threads like that that make me glad I didn't support RL while I lived up North, because I feel I would have ended up as bitter as some of the people on there (though I suppose there's still plenty of time for that)

I doubt it

you aren't small minded enough
Keeping it local

#15 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,862 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

Is that true or tongue in cheek?

True.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#16 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,865 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

You can download the application form and the information pack here mate....

http://www.rlwc2013....rlwc_volunteers

Applications have to be submitted by 30th November.

thanks mate - will have a look
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#17 brooza

brooza
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

I doubt it

you aren't small minded enough

It's funny, I used to drive my dad to Belle Vue every other week (his company had a box there). He would invite me to stay but I had absolutely no interest in RL.

I look back on those days and see how I dodged a bullet, I could have ended up a Wakefield fan! :P

#18 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,125 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

It's funny, I used to drive my dad to Belle Vue every other week (his company had a box there). He would invite me to stay but I had absolutely no interest in RL.

I look back on those days and see how I dodged a bullet, I could have ended up a Wakefield fan! :P

kismet
Keeping it local

#19 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

THE NEXT BIG RUGBY LEAGUE THING after this weekend and the SL GF
Started by l'angelo mysterioso, 28 Sep 2012

can you imagine a response like this from Union fans to theoir world cup?

Sid and Doris Bonkers live

I despair

What a sad little man with too much time on his hands you are, you ask for peoples plans thoughts on the tournament, you know full well what the reaction would be, then when you get what you want you slate the people for those views. You prompted the response then slate the people with the views on another forum. What a horrible little man

#20 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,125 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

thanks mate - will have a look

my grandson and I have sent ours off. There's loads to go at.
Keeping it local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users