Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

THE 2013 World Cup

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 StixRooster

StixRooster
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

On a related note...

The Cup tour (which I'll admit I didn't know was happening - good publicity again RFL) is going all over the shop with the exception of the area where two of this season's trophy winners came from...I'll leave the rest of you to debate the wisdom...

Posted Image

Other opinions found on Twitter @stixrooster

#22 brooza

brooza
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

The Cup tour (which I'll admit I didn't know was happening - good publicity again RFL) is going all over the shop with the exception of the area where two of this season's trophy winners came from...I'll leave the rest of you to debate the wisdom...

Posted Image

Do you mean South Yorkshire?

Also, the tour is continuing into next year, these are just the first dates

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#23 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

True.

Yep. My understanding is that RU fans are a little peeved that so few of their own stadia are being used. Aside from Twickenham, I believe that Kingsholm is the only one of the stadia that solely hosts rugby. There appears to be some frustration at the likes of Stadium MK, St James' Park, Ashton Gate etc being used.

#24 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,141 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

Yep. My understanding is that RU fans are a little peeved that so few of their own stadia are being used. Aside from Twickenham, I believe that Kingsholm is the only one of the stadia that solely hosts rugby. There appears to be some frustration at the likes of Stadium MK, St James' Park, Ashton Gate etc being used.

the comparison between the attitude of these people and the subjects of the thread are illuminating.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#25 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,787 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

On a related note...

I'll admit I didn't know was happening - good publicity again RFL)

To be fair, press releases have been posted on TRL about it.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#26 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

So let me get this straight.

You are posting about a tour on the day it was publicly launched, on a forum that contained that press release - yet claimed you knew nothing about it.

How are you writing about it?

Your comment was spoken like a true RL fan.

#27 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

So let me get this straight.

You are posting about a tour on the day it was publicly launched, on a forum that contained that press release - yet claimed you knew nothing about it.

How are you writing about it?

Your comment was spoken like a true RL fan.

And instead of addressing the posters main concern ( south yorkshire) You somehow manage to have a go! a typical VT RFL sycophant

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#28 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

And instead of addressing the posters main concern ( south yorkshire) You somehow manage to have a go! a typical VT RFL sycophant

i cant address his concern - although it was pointed out by somebody else that this wasnt the full tour.

To complain you know nothing about something when you are writing specifically about that thing is baffling to say the least and leaves the poster open to criticism.

#29 Walter Ego

Walter Ego
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Already excited for England Australia. This could be our year!!

I love international RL. As a supporter, I think the venues and Idea for the for the double header semi final at Wembley and the final at OT is great and I'll definitely be attending those and (money/time/work allowing) as many others as I can.

Edited by Walter Ego, 14 October 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#30 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,141 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

Already excited for England Australia. This could be our year!!

I love international RL. As a supporter, I think the venues and Idea for the for the double header semi final at Wembley and the final at OT is great and I'll definitely be attending those and (money/time/work allowing) as many others as I can.

good for you mate
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users