Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

October Photo Comp KT has chosen SPORT as the theme

CLOSED TO ENTRIES

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,074 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

Wow, great shot.
Fides invicta triumphat

#22 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Taken with the phone

Posted Image

That is amazing!
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#23 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

Taken with the phone

Posted Image

Love that marauder - really really nice and goes to show you don;t need loads of equipment to take a great photo.

Well done
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#24 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,429 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Taken with the phone

Posted Image

This will take some beating.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#25 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

I know this wont win anything but a snap I took with my phone whilst out for a ride on Saturday. Taken from Belmont hill looking towards Ramsbottom (you can see Peel tower in the distance).

Posted Image

Brings back memories of cycling around there in my youth. Got a grid reference?

I notice that you're a two water bottle man. I've just bought myself a road bike again after over three decades and, although I've got two bottle holders, I've not been far enough yet to need two bottles (most rides have been between 10 and 20 miles in length). In fact, I have rarely taken a drink; still haven't got the knack of lifting and replacing the bottle whilst on the move.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#26 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Was a complete fluke to tell the truth, I was walking the dog this morning around the local fishing ponds just off of junction 6, M18
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#27 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Was a complete fluke to tell the truth, I was walking the dog this morning around the local fishing ponds just off of junction 6, M18

Fluke or not, it's superb.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#28 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Love that marauder - really really nice and goes to show you don;t need loads of equipment to take a great photo.

Well done

The most important part of a camera is about one inch behind the viewfinder. ^_^

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#29 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

This will take some beating.

yep that is a fair old cracker.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#30 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,793 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

A circuit to go at Sedgefield.

Posted Image

Blimey, that's a bit close! You're not a Suffragette, are you?

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#31 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Blimey, that's a bit close! You're not a Suffragette, are you?

Was safely outside the running rail. You can get quite close to them around the top bend. Sedgefield's an excellent track, well worth a visit. The only downside is that its not easy to get close to the jumps.For that aspect Cartmel is fantastic, but unfortunately doesn't see action during October!
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#32 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

To get really close to the jumps, try Plumpton, by the time they come round the station bend on the last lap they not going too fast either
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#33 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

To get really close to the jumps, try Plumpton, by the time they come round the station bend on the last lap they not going too fast either

Steadily working my way through the 59, so hope to get to Plumpton one day. As respected a judge as Simon Holt the C4 commentator has it as one of his favourites. Here's an example of what I'm on about, from Cartmel's August meeting.

Posted Image
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#34 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

Fell Running - Get away from the crowds and enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside <_<

Posted Image

#35 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Steadily working my way through the 59, so hope to get to Plumpton one day. As respected a judge as Simon Holt the C4 commentator has it as one of his favourites. Here's an example of what I'm on about, from Cartmel's August meeting.

Posted Image

I love Cartmel, it's the first Course I attended while fell walking when I was a lot younger - 1980ish. Maybe that's why I like Plumpton, because of the Geography. I love Beverley RC too, although I've never come away with a profit from there. Newbury has always been my most profitable (Came away with nearly £1000 one Gold Cup Saturday!), I wish I'd been alive to see racing at Castle Irwell/Manchester RC, I've seen Youtube footage & it must have been amazing when packed.
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#36 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

Wigan St Pats 4-14 Leigh Miners, played under the lights on Wednesday 17th October. Shutter speed was a tad to slow to compensate for the lights being a tad to dull!

Posted Image

#37 Giant Hogweed

Giant Hogweed
  • Coach
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

Fishing in Whitby

Posted Image
STUPID CUP WINNER 2006, WCC CUP WINNER 2007, SQL league winner 2008

SQL Stupid Cup and League Double Winner 2009

#38 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,932 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

The one completely sane bit of the forum... 24 posts deleted.

Please keep this to the friendly nature it always has had in the past.

If you don't like a photo then simply don't vote for it.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#39 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Last chance to post a photo for October. Can anyone with more than one photo posted make it know which when you are putting forward for the poll, if you don't nominate then the last picture posted will go to poll.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#40 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

Posted Image
P1010099 by bedfordtiger, on Flickr
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!