Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Alex Brown

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

Alex Brown has signed for Hull KR according to Sky.

#2 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 683 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

Good luck to the lad.

#3 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

Yep, just checked with the club. It's official - deal done late last night.

#4 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Good luck to Alex - had some very good games for the club and who can forget the NRC try. It will go down in club folklore.

Time will tell if he can develop and make the step up to SL level. Hope he does.

#5 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 683 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

And if not I'm sure he will always be welcomed back at the mount

#6 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

ps Do you know about Liam Walmsley Chairnman? Heard in some quarters that he has definitely signed on for next year, but cant remember seeing anything official.

#7 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

Alex Brown has signed for Hull KR according to Sky.

Oh dear - you're really stuck for pace now with just Campbell, potts, greenwood and faal left to fall back on. :o

#8 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Oh dear - you're really stuck for pace now with just Campbell, potts, greenwood and faal left to fall back on. :o

Dont forget Greg Johnson who is no slouch.

Time will tell if Brown succeeds, but IMO i dont think hes SL quality - the kickers will soon find him out under the high ball.

Thank goodness all the SL clubs seem to have missed Gareth Potts, im gobsmacked no one picked him up.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#9 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Time will tell if Brown succeeds, but IMO i dont think hes SL quality - the kickers will soon find him out under the high ball.

Thank goodness all the SL clubs seem to have missed Gareth Potts, im gobsmacked no one picked him up.

I think if Brown is to succeed at SL level an awful lot of work needs to be done on his postional and defensive play, along with his ability to deal with the high ball like you have mentioned.

Full time coaching in a professional setting should help with that, but I guess it will just be a case of waiting to see what happens. Good luck to the lad though.

Totally agree on Potts - our best winger by along way (including Brown). Just glad we've been able to keep hold of him for another year.

#10 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

Good luck to Alex. I hope he does well.
SIGNATURE

#11 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Johnson is very quick and a class player ... bit surprised that the dogs took him though - come to think about it I'm surprised he's out yet.

#12 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Difficult one for me.

I'm all for giving people secind chances, but at the same time i'll find it difficult to start with to applaud a player found guilty of glassing a woman.

Still, we've all accepted JC back after his assault conviction a few years ago, so maybe it would be double standards if we didnt give Greg a chance.

Just hope it doesnt have negative repercussions amongst the players and fans though with us being very much a family club, although i'm sure JK and KN will have thought this through beforehand. We've got to trust their judgement.

Guess it's just a case of waiting and seeing what happens. In many ways the majority of us are fickle......it will only take a few spectacular tries and him having a few good games for previous personal indiscretions to slowly start to be forgotten.

#13 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

it was a done deal months ago,well before the season was over

#14 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

it was a done deal months ago,well before the season was over

Not quite Coolie,

Although HKR had declared an interest, Brown was actually in discussions about about going over to play in the NSW club competion in Australia.

However he isnt going to turn down a shot at SL when it comes around.

#15 Dog Faced Gremlin

Dog Faced Gremlin
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

Blimey. Two Batley players Super League bound.
When was the last time that happened?
Come to think of it has this ever happened before? And I'm not just talking about Batley.

Batley is fast becoming the place for players on the up to be, as oppose to a pension pot for crock ex S.L. Aussies.

Gotta give the B.O.D J.K. and dare I say K.H. (puts on hard hat and retreats to safe distance) credit for that.

Good luck to Brown.
For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he writes not if you won or lost but how you played the game.

#16 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Blimey. Two Batley players Super League bound.
When was the last time that happened?
Come to think of it has this ever happened before? And I'm not just talking about Batley.

Batley is fast becoming the place for players on the up to be, as oppose to a pension pot for crock ex S.L. Aussies.

Gotta give the B.O.D J.K. and dare I say K.H. (puts on hard hat and retreats to safe distance) credit for that.

Good luck to Brown.

That's why they're queuing up for us to become their feeder club. Shows we don't need to be anyones though!

Edited by BatleyFanAndy, 09 October 2012 - 03:25 PM.

SIGNATURE

#17 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

Gonna miss Alex always gave 100%,took ball in a lot and took some stopping,not sure if Johnson gonna be same type of player,is he a big lad?

Edited by marko9, 09 October 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#18 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

Beg to differ nick

was told over 3 months ago the alex had agreed to join hull kr...his house is within spitting from mine.

a source very close to mr brown told me of the done deal....but i was to keep it quiet...think if you look back thru the post.i let it out on your forum before the end of the season...anyway its all done and sorted now :)

#19 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

Don't think it was a done deal,sandercock seen a Batley a few times and picked him out,he was off Australia until they made a concrete offer to him,that would be tapping up was under contract,might have been discussed between the clubs