Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

Click here for more info

Posted Image

#2 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

Id like to thank all the HIST committee and all the members who have attended events this year, especially the walkers to Batley who have contributed so much in allowing the club to get the minibus.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#3 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

Good show -- on match days can it run non stop from Dewsbury Road to the ground ?

#4 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

Good show -- on match days can it run non stop from Dewsbury Road to the ground ?

Are you going to drive it?

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#5 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

thats what I expected you to ask, sorry no.
I don't thiny you would be short of volunteers if they then were given free admission to the game.-- and I'm usually to be found pre match enjoying pie and peas on the top deck , admiring the view and watching the steam trains go by. But I think £3.20 is a bit steep, I'm sure HIST could sell them in the bar for £2.50, and also put Dianne Johnsons world famous corned beef hash on the menu.
Sometimes I can be found in the upstairs lounge if I get an invite to the pre match lunch, unfortunately this only happens about twice a season.
Hope some other people come forward with ideas or is it just me and you Blackpool ?

#6 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

it could also double up for supporters for away matches :lol:
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#7 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

thats what I expected you to ask, sorry no.
I don't thiny you would be short of volunteers if they then were given free admission to the game.-- and I'm usually to be found pre match enjoying pie and peas on the top deck , admiring the view and watching the steam trains go by. But I think £3.20 is a bit steep, I'm sure HIST could sell them in the bar for £2.50, and also put Dianne Johnsons world famous corned beef hash on the menu.
Sometimes I can be found in the upstairs lounge if I get an invite to the pre match lunch, unfortunately this only happens about twice a season.
Hope some other people come forward with ideas or is it just me and you Blackpool ?

You need a special licence to drive the bus that's the only issue, but we have discussed using the bus on a matchday, but potentially pick ups at certain pubs and clubs in south Leeds, but it's all about the logistics and if it's viable to do it, but at least with having our own bus now we have the luxury of having that option!

#8 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

its a great idea, because getting to the ground is not easy if you havent a car, maybe picking up at the Prospect, Hunslet Carr, Belle Isle Club,Middleton would be the best route.
Posted Image

#9 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

We Eagles away fans would not be able to fill that bus so we won't be hiring it, sorry
Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#10 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 887 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

How many seats does it have? Picking up at set points on match days, I'd like to think we could fill it more than once !!

In which case it would be better as a shuttle bus, one run setting off down Middleton Grove for points west (Dewsbury Road, Beeston, Holbeck), back to the ground for dropping off and then going off again eastwards (Hunslet, Belle Isle, Middleton).

#11 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

Its a 17 seater, if we could get a volunteer to drive the bus then its a no brainer to do this, i know for a fact that if you had free bus on to ferry supporters to games then a lot of arm chair fans may be inclined to jump on it to go see a game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users