• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

From BBC website:

Barrow Raiders have signed utility forward Danny Jones from Super League side St Helens for the 2013 Championship season.
The 19-year-old was promoted to the Saints first team squad for the 2012 season but did not make an appearance.
He was, however, a regular member of their Under-20 side, scoring five tries in 20 appearances.
"This is a fantastic signing for us," Raiders director of rugby Andy Gaffney said of the deal.
"It shows our intentions of bringing the best young players to the club."
Jones began his career with amateur side Haydock Warriors before joining Saints as a scholar, and he can operate in various forward positions.
Raiders were promoted from Championship One this term and Jones is the third ex-Super League player added to coach Darren Holt's squad following Kurt Haggerty from Widnes and former Warrington forward Brad Brennan

Another good signing by the club in my opinion. As ive said before, great to see the club signing young SL players to bost our squad rather than has-beens.
Really think the club is going places at the moment with this type of recruitment. Keep it up Holty

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#2 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Seems like a good signing as like all of ours have been. All are young and are going to try and prove themselves. Just need a half back and o few extras imo.

#3 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Wigan have released Joe Mellor - wouldnt mind seeing him in a raiders shirt. Good creatie stand off with SL experience for Widnes whilst on loan. They also released Stefan Marsh and Paul King - anoher centre/wing combo

#4 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Mellor and Marsh are far too good for Championship level. I'd imagine they'd get snapped up pretty quckly. I can't think of many stand offs available really, the Oldham lad Dallimore could be good or whoever was playing 7 for Scorpions was a good player but don't know his name.

#5 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

Mellor and Marsh both signed for Widnes next season

#6 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

Mellor and Marsh are far too good for Championship level. I'd imagine they'd get snapped up pretty quckly. I can't think of many stand offs available really, the Oldham lad Dallimore could be good or whoever was playing 7 for Scorpions was a good player but don't know his name.

Jamie Durbin

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#7 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

Durbin played for Crusaders, not Scorpions. Know the lad personally, having played alongside him at Warrington years ago, fantastic ball handler, but he's just too small and therefore a speedbump, plus comes with baggage - been banned for steroids if you can believe it by looking at him and he's also a fan of other substances

#8 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

OOPS when youve seen one Welsh team youve seen em all lol

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users