Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Co-Co the clown strikes again

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

Bob. What league are crig open age in this year?
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#42 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

I doff my cap to no one.
the championship is a tournament run by the very same people
as for being 'kept in our place'. That'll be the victim culture kicking in again. To the barricades! They can't stop men who want to be free!

Chris, it's obvious we hold different views on Rugby League at the top of the tree. Years ago we all used to call it "The Greatest Game" but that term is very little used nowadays, and I stopped believing it years ago. I have no great wish for Rovers to join the Self-preservation League other than the fear that with no-where else to go they would eventually stagnate and lose support. It's "Dance with the Devil" or wither and die!

#43 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

never any hard feelings as far as you are concerned ian. I have no problems with the club either-far from it. The current regime have been brilliant to work for and with. I can't ptaise them enough.
Shouild we meet again the first pint is on me.

Cheers Chris I hope you get your RL fix from the international rugby, I will get mine from watching the Lions under 10s.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#44 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,482 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

To be fair Richie boy, you can trawl this forum should the desire take you, but I'm not sure you'll find a post from Lowfield clamouring to be part of the elite. He doesn't.The full bag o' chips on my shoulder are my chips, as is my pessimistic view on the world cup and RL in general. That is my approach and unique to me. Others may have a similar approach - that's up to them. C'est la vie. Opinions. We all have them. It's what makes us, us Richie boy. I don't wish to be any other way. Maybe other don't either?No rights or wrongs here Richie boy - and I realise you never said there was!

You're right, Robin. I apologise.

I assumed the expression "rightful place" meant $uperleague but - equally - it could have meant Div 3. <_<
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#45 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

Richie. It's unlikely Chris and Lowfield will ever be drinking buddies. They're far too different and I wouldn't want to speak on behalf of either - they are both quite adept at doing that for themselves.
But knowing Lowfield as well as I do I'm going to make an assumption that the "rightful place" he refers to is the place we once had. A fair rugby league where the fate of your club was decided on the field. That could be in the top teir or indeed as you say, could equally mean the third teir, a place we were rightfully relegated to in 2005. That then was our rightful place!!!!

If there's a pot you'll go looking for a spoon thee Richie boy! Not necessarily a big spoon but any stirring implement will do!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#46 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,482 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

Not at all. I simply seek the truth.

Thanks for your clarification.

#47 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

Not at all. I simply seek the truth.

Thanks for your clarification.

Yesterday i agreed with you. Today i am back to my original position. Your a drip.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#48 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

a boring drip

#49 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,482 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

Yesterday i agreed with you. Today i am back to my original position. Your a drip.

:lol: Right.

Well, maybe by the time I'm back from Edinburgh - watching some elitist nonsense - Lowfield might have clarified what he meant by "rightful place".

a. The $uperleague he so despises.

b. Division 2 which is where you already are.

c. Division 3 - a minority view to my mind, but a view to which he's entitled.

You know, sometimes I come to conclusions I don't like myself but it doesn't make them any less true.

#50 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,482 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Well, maybe by the time I'm back from Edinburgh - watching some elitist nonsense - Lowfield might have clarified what he meant by "rightful place".

Mind you, he'll probably come up with something witty like "Why should I tell you what I think?" :lol:

#51 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

a. The $uperleague he so despises.

b. Division 2 which is where you already are.

c. Division 3 - a minority view to my mind, but a view to which he's entitled.

You know, sometimes I come to conclusions I don't like myself but it doesn't make them any less true.

you missed the comma after "myself", griff
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#52 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,482 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

you missed the comma after "myself", griff

No comma before a conjunction, OldRover.

#53 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

why should what is said on here be kept secret?

Why the need to post a link on the main forum about what mainly Featherstone fans think about the WC. There was no need at all except to try and make people look small. People have different opinions. I respect you and many Fev fans on here as well as fans from SL, NRL and other Championship clubs as well as others who follow mainly amateur rugby. But I personally think its very low and childish to highlight the thoughts on the main forum from here or elsewhere to try and make a point or to get others to get the reaction you maybe was hoping for. It lacks respect for me of other people. Why you didnt just post the thread about the WC with no link? So people dont want to watch the WC because of various reasons. Why do you feel that needs to be highlighted?

#54 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

Why the need to post a link on the main forum about what mainly Featherstone fans think about the WC. There was no need at all except to try and make people look small. People have different opinions. I respect you and many Fev fans on here as well as fans from SL, NRL and other Championship clubs as well as others who follow mainly amateur rugby. But I personally think its very low and childish to highlight the thoughts on the main forum from here or elsewhere to try and make a point or to get others to get the reaction you maybe was hoping for. It lacks respect for me of other people. Why you didnt just post the thread about the WC with no link? So people dont want to watch the WC because of various reasons. Why do you feel that needs to be highlighted?

Because it frustrates him so much, that people do not see it his way, if only us "plebs" would open our minds !

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#55 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

in a way you are right. I was 'fishing' for information about how Rovers fans, dedicated to their sport, were planning to enjoy the biggest international tournament, featuring the best players in the game.

who are 'the rest of us'? Why would anybody want the atttention of the denizens of this 'forum'?
Wannabe? People do what they do. I 'wannabe' a blues guitar player. Don't own a thesaurus.
As for having views validated. Well you and the rest have done that all right.
regards co co the clown.

Glad we have validated your view, not that you were in any doubt anyway! Just admit you came on hear to stir things up with the "plebs"

Edited by petesmithfan, 13 October 2012 - 12:19 PM.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#56 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

perhaps the mysterious one could initiate his own cup competition. he could call it "the cup of co co".
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#57 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

Would they use a kicking 'T'?

If not, it could end up a load of Horlicks!!

The weak conform, the strong survive.

#58 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

No comma before a conjunction, OldRover.

You are wonderful with numbers, but you're are wrong about the comma before a conjunction mate. A comma can be used before a conjunction (The Oxford comma) in the very example Old Rover uses i.e. your quote. Read it again with a comma before the conjunction it has a totally different connotation. By the way Im not very good at English but I know of this rule. Just like you can actually start a sentence with a conjunction although many think that this isn't true.

#59 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

You are wonderful with numbers, but you're are wrong about the comma before a conjunction mate. A comma can be used before a conjunction (The Oxford comma) in the very example Old Rover uses i.e. your quote. Read it again with a comma before the conjunction it has a totally different connotation. By the way Im not very good at English but I know of this rule. Just like you can actually start a sentence with a conjunction although many think that this isn't true.

YAY! thanks Andrew. btw. what's a conjuction

Edited by oldrover, 13 October 2012 - 04:58 PM.

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#60 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

YAY! thanks Andrew. btw. what's a conjuction

Dave I think that they are words that join two bits of a sentence up, and, or and but are the common ones and thus by convention, note I said CONVENTION and not RULE shouldn't really be used to start a sentence, but as in your example when the conjunction is acting as a link between different clauses a comma can be legitimately used before a conjunction. As said earlier I'm no expert in English as It wasn't really my first language as a kid, but I tried hard to learn the rules.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users