Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Co-Co the clown strikes again

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

Dave I think that they are words that join two bits of a sentence up, and, or and but are the common ones and thus by convention, note I said CONVENTION and not RULE shouldn't really be used to start a sentence, but as in your example when the conjunction is acting as a link between different clauses a comma can be legitimately used before a conjunction. As said earlier I'm no expert in English as It wasn't really my first language as a kid, but I tried hard to learn the rules.

Sounds about right. 'But' joins two nouns 'myself' and 'it'. Maybe Griff thinks he is 'it'.

#62 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Sounds about right. 'But' joins two nouns 'myself' and 'it'. Maybe Griff thinks he is 'it'.

I think 'myself' and 'it' are pronouns Col.

#63 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

I'm no expert in English as It wasn't really my first language as a kid, but I tried hard to learn the rules.

i'm intrigued Andrew. you'll have to tell me next season.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#64 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Course they are Andrew. But the rule is the principal shouldn't be far away- and he's there. I said 'nouns. to keep the pro's out of it,seeing as you and I are only amateurs at this.

#65 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Course they are Andrew. But the rule is the principal shouldn't be far away- and he's there. I said 'nouns. to keep the pro's out of it;seeing as you and I are only amateurs at this.

If you look closely you will see I have left the inverted comma off 'nouns'. I put it down really to old age and lack of attention to detail. I know - plural -pros. Next you will get me for abbreviations.

#66 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Why the need to post a link on the main forum about what mainly Featherstone fans think about the WC. There was no need at all except to try and make people look small. People have different opinions. I respect you and many Fev fans on here as well as fans from SL, NRL and other Championship clubs as well as others who follow mainly amateur rugby. But I personally think its very low and childish to highlight the thoughts on the main forum from here or elsewhere to try and make a point or to get others to get the reaction you maybe was hoping for. It lacks respect for me of other people. Why you didnt just post the thread about the WC with no link? So people dont want to watch the WC because of various reasons. Why do you feel that needs to be highlighted?

Tell you why the sad little man is a would be bully

#67 Cush

Cush
  • Coach
  • 460 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Tell yer what , ive lost the will to live reading this thread. Seems like a Big smart ###### trying to out smart a few more smart arses ! Life and get one springs to mind !

#68 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Tell yer what , ive lost the will to live reading this thread. Seems like a Big smart ###### trying to out smart a few more smart arses ! Life and get one springs to mind !

I often think same when reading your shiiiite RL fans

#69 Cush

Cush
  • Coach
  • 460 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

I often think same when reading your shiiiite RL fans

I rest my case.

#70 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

I rest my case.

so do i. You should try the General forum youl be at home

#71 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

I concede, for whatever reasons!

End o't day, I'm just a daft lad from Fev :P

But proud as fck :)
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#72 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

I concede, for whatever reasons!

End o't day, I'm just a daft lad from Fev :P

But proud as fck :)

Problem is mate a very small handful of bell wipes have totaly ruined this forum that was used by a lot of people, they now use facebook, the amount of text messages , PMs and emails i have recieved last few days about this subject is amazing. There is only around 4 of them and they have ruined a lot of peoples enjoment. You know who you are GO AWAY

#73 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

I agree suggy, but I don't do farcebook or twatter so this is all I have to vent misen. I like a laugh as much as the rest, but also serious debate. A few keyboard warriors take it to the extreme and think they can bully others into their views. They will NEVER get the better of me with their pomposity and alleged education cos as you know, as well as being a big bad lad fropm Fev, I've also got more than a couple of brain cells floating about in there (I think!).

#74 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

######, a spelling mistake in mi last post!

Cos I'm using mi Blackberry your honour!!!!!

Case dismissed :)

#75 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

Cyber bullying mate, typical people doing it are people who would never dare have a face to face with someone, cowards

#76 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,514 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Cyber bullying mate, typical people doing it are people who would never dare have a face to face with someone, cowards

you have form for that as I recall
remember the abusive pms?
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#77 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

YAY! thanks Andrew. btw. what's a conjuction

Its that at bottom of Barracks Hill agian traffic leets

#78 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

Bob. What league are crig open age in this year?

Sent PM Robin.

#79 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

Chris is a mate of mine bob and I don't do violence!
Me dad always said a good runner always beat being a good feighter. I was useless at both.
Me n Chris will and do argue and have very opposing views on most things rugby. Not so on other stuff.

We''re talking a rugby forum here bob. It's not an emergency session of the UN.
Doesn't mean I have clue as to why Chris chooses to post this question..... hence my open question.

Cannot understand why we cannot all breeze along together Robin instead of people raising antagonistic personal views. Hackles rise when I percieve that I am being "talked down to". Anyroad up, whatys tha gerring for Christmas?.

#80 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Cheers for that bob. It would appear curly has sent to santa a gold membership for me. Well chuffed.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users