- - - - -

Rhinos Academy playmaker makes it 20

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

Click here to check out the latest e-release from Dewsbury Rams.

Retweet the news on Twitter.

Like it on Facebook.

#2 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

I think we have signed some very promising young players and my sneaky feeling is that this may be the best .

#3 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

If theres a coach that can get them gelled its this lad.This squad is starting to look quite tasty another couple and who knows.AND not a feeder club player in site yet.

#4 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Good signing for you guys.

Very talented young player.

#5 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Got some good young lads,think could have done with more experience,not to say always need it,but just think lost a lot good players

#6 sadram

sadram
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

it just gets better and better ,well done glenn.
Posted Image

#7 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Good young squad at the minute with a bit of experience. Glens wanting a centre now, and a frontrow forward to complete his squad so almost complete

#8 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Looks a good signing think he will play at 13
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#9 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Good young squad at the minute with a bit of experience. Glens wanting a centre now, and a frontrow forward to complete his squad so almost complete

Must be good for glenn to know that he has a public mouthpiece with yourself . why on earth do we need tom

#10 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Must be good for glenn to know that he has a public mouthpiece with yourself . why on earth do we need tom

'cos he's better than the usual boring old farts who post on this forum.

Ohh!!
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#11 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

he said it in the league express haha

#12 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

Its all very exciting. It reminds me of the mid 1960's when Brearley Bailey signed up almost the whole of the Shaw Cross side in a season to start the club moving forward on the field in an era which culminated in the Championship win in 1973. All we need now is an Alvin Newall to settle the ship. Much as I'm looking forward to seeing him play I don't think Mr Aizue will quite fill that bill.

#13 Heckler

Heckler
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

Why am I not convinced (not about this lad) but the signings as a whole. We seem to have signed a lot of Academy players from various clubs and not knowing how they will go when they make the step up. I hope GM proves me wrong and they are outstanding but we will see.

#14 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Wanna try reading the RL papers GFDU as thats what Glen was quoted as saying, probably being interviewed by Tom at the time as well

Edited by Gary Coyle, 10 October 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#15 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Why am I not convinced (not about this lad) but the signings as a whole. We seem to have signed a lot of Academy players from various clubs and not knowing how they will go when they make the step up. I hope GM proves me wrong and they are outstanding but we will see.

Glen knows who hes signed. Dont forget,hes seen them all play before so will know what hes getting.

#16 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

We will all see how good they are when we beat Batley on Boxing Day! :D

#17 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

Think this lad is quality, again though if he won Under 20s player of the year why would Leeds release him ??

#18 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

We will all see how good they are when we beat Batley on Boxing Day! :D

Maybe, but it's the 6 league points that count!

#19 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

A really good signing for you, this lad was player of the year and players player for u20's, has very good skills and never stops tackling....Leeds should have made room in their squad for him their loss is your gain

#20 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

Think this lad is quality, again though if he won Under 20s player of the year why would Leeds release him ??

Leeds have had the winner of several sprint championships in the under 20's for 3 or 4 years now (jamail chisholme) - looks a fantastic player on rhinos tv, but he's never had a sniff of first team rugby. I assume they don't think ha can make the step up, which is presumably the reason they have released Brown. Would have liked chisholme as well, but hey ho. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users