Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rhinos Academy playmaker makes it 20

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 783 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

Leeds have had the winner of several sprint championships in the under 20's for 3 or 4 years now (jamail chisholme) - looks a fantastic player on rhinos tv, but he's never had a sniff of first team rugby. I assume they don't think ha can make the step up, which is presumably the reason they have released Brown. Would have liked chisholme as well, but hey ho. :(

Cheer Up! The lad we've signed scooped the two major awards at the Leeds Rhinos u20s awards ceremony and neutrals who've contributed to this topic - and who I've spoken to - have all raved about him!

He's behind Kevin Sinfield and Stevie Ward at Leeds so unlikely to get a first-team break in 2013 and - without wanting to put words in the bloke's mouth - probably thought he'd have a better chance of progressing at a Championship club.

Aaron has said himself that he wants to get back into the Super League and, based on what I've heard and seen of him at matches and on Rhinos TV, I wouldn't bet against him doing it!

Check out his hat-trick v Salford and some great tries and plays v London and v Hull KR.

#22 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

Chisholme on dual reg with Leeds Carnegie for full season...the coaches at Leeds did want to keep Brown but no room in squad.....just have to see how he goes, but going off last season a very good signing

#23 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

A really good signing for you, this lad was player of the year and players player for u20's, has very good skills and never stops tackling....Leeds should have made room in their squad for him their loss is your gain

Pleased to read the bit about tackling. With so many youngsters in the squad I was wondering if we would have enough resilience when we didn't have the ball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users