Gary Thornton - leading by example

Simon Hall

Thornton makes Squad Builder pledge

New York City Knights Head Coach Gary Thornton has taken the unprecedented step of donating to the Squad Builder Funding after signing up to a monthly standing order payment. Thornton signed up at Saturday’s Grand Final race night and question and answer event at which Knights fans packed out Huntington Sports Club to listen to the thoughts of Thornton, assistant coach Mick Ramsden, James Ford and new recruit Jon Goddard. Commenting on the gesture Thornton said,

“I think the principle of supporters helping the team they support by running schemes such as squad builder funds is a massive benefit to the club. This is my way of showing my support to those hard working volunteers at the same time helping boost the funds. In a roundabout way I’ll get some benefits too, by hopefully helping to bring in better quality players to coach. It might also encourage others to join as I spend my money very carefully!”

Squad Builder committee member and Knights supporter Simon Hall was full of praise for the gesture saying,

“I am delighted that Gary has signed up to the Squad Builder Fund. There are not many coaches in the game who would put forward their own money to help us build a better squad. He’s obviously very committed to the Knights and I urge supporters who haven’t yet either donated or set up a standing order to follow our new head coaches lead and assist in making York City Knights a force in the Championship”.

To sign up to a monthly standing order simply download and print the mandate by clicking this link and return to; York City Knights, Roland Court, Huntington Road, York, YO32 9PW.

If we get just 100 supporters to donate £10 per month that would generate £12,000 per year, which would be of huge benefit in the recruitment of players.

Donations can also be made by sending a cheque, made payable to YCK Squad Builder Fund, to the club office, or using account details 77 71 32 (Sort Code), 16121468 (Account Number).

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Archived