Photo
- - - - -

Ideas For Money Raising

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#1 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

Now that we know we need to raise a substancial amount of money for the floodlights to be replaced, now is the time to put your ideas forward.
I will start it off : Darts Competition. £5 entry per person. Straight knock out. Prize money depending obviously on how many entrants we get.
Bikeathon. All ages welcome.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#2 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

How about coffee mornings were you can run a raffle plus have some tables with cakes bric a brac ect
could also have flag day a little rugby ball with pin on the back,race night good money maker Steve Hogan
would organize one in strawberry usually makes between 500 plus Friday night is better

#3 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

how about asking BAE if we could do a sponsored abseil down the side of the DDH ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#4 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

how about asking BAE if we could do a sponsored abseil down the side of the DDH ?

How about BAE do the decent thing and put some money back into the local clubs.

#5 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

How about BAE do the decent thing and put some money back into the local clubs.

Like they did when they spent several weeks doing the ground up two or three years ago you mean?
disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#6 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

how much to sponsor a roundabout these days? think bae have done about 3 in the last couple of months. what about letting them have the stadium name for a couple of seasons. that would go a long way to new flood lights.

#7 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

Like they did when they spent several weeks doing the ground up two or three years ago you mean?

Because they had no work for them in the Yard you mean? They don't exactly support the town Jonty do they?

A bit of sponsorship would be nice Jonty. They even pulled the plug on there own club.

#8 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

BAE doesnt give a toss about the town. They only want to keep the top brass and all shareholders happy. If the government pulled the plug on submarine building they would just shut up shop and pull out.

Anyway back on thread Keith needs to do one of his columns in the mail about the floodlights and the development fund to keep it in the public eye ?

Let the light shine on...the future is bright (well when the new floodlights are installed) the futures blue + white :-)

Lee Morton

#9 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

What were the methods used to finance the Willie Horne stand,because the comunity support for that is required again. A standing order to the development fund is a good way, but some people would rather make a donation at different times, can this be done at the shop?.

#10 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

yes mate thats how I do it

Lee Morton

#11 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

yes mate thats how I do it

thanks for info.

#12 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Get as many people as you can to join the gold rush and or save with the Furness building society, you could open an account for kids, grandkids or even yourself putting a couple of quid away a week (£10 per month). The club could start a christmas saving scheme with the proceedes deposited in the furness building society. This would make a huge difference and you can encourage others who don't follow rugby to do the same.

An additional 1000 tickets a week would bring in 52k you could call it the "let there be light" campaign. I'm sure the evening mail would assist with advertising it if we give them some exclusive interviews and photo opportunities.

With the development fund, grants, donations and interest from the building society (not advertised enough) this would pay for the lights in 1 year. I know it sounds easy but if you plan an advertising and marketing strategy this, In my opinion, is achievable. Advertise the fact that you can pay by direct debit for the gold rush and for your savings in the Furness.

There are enough bodies on the board that should be able to push this hard over the winter months. As business is quiet at the moment now is the time to move on this as you don't get a rest when your running a business especially if its not yours.

Edited by soss, 10 October 2012 - 07:39 PM.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#13 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

I think Barrow socker do that with the Furness building society and they do quite well

#14 thespecimen

thespecimen
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

Why not introduce a DVD Season Ticket .... at a set price ?
Where punters can pay a set amount to receive dvd's of every home League game on DVD
A fair few fans are of the older generation and are now unable to attend on matchdays
also there are many x-pats
only an idea

#15 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Heard on the bay radio today about a charity event where they are doing fire walking, you have to raise so much before you can do it.. A full night could be made of it, music, bbq, raffle, beer oh and fire walking.

#16 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Why dont we raffle a season ticket sell them from the shop at £1 or 2 each , maybe get a local buisness to sponser the draw. I remember D** J****** doing that and raising £85 in a matter of minutes

#17 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

We need a sustained income as well as fund raising. I hope that all the BOD get behind this and have the most proactive guys promoting the goldrush, Vice Presidents offer (best idea I heard from the BoD) and Furness building Society. The remainder can concentrate on the additional fund raising such as raffles, events, sponsored walks etc.

I loved the music festival and thought with a bit more advertising and a better choice of day (always going to be a hard choice) it will be a great success next year.

Has anyone thought of holding a dance troop gala at the ground. Just think of the pop and sweets sales...

Just a few thoughts

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#18 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

Why dont we raffle a season ticket sell them from the shop at £1 or 2 each , maybe get a local buisness to sponser the draw. I remember D** J****** doing that and raising £85 in a matter of minutes

Keith nutter did this in the bar I think?

Race nigts?

Quiz nights?

#19 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Too late for this year I know, but as a child the place that everyone headed for the firework display on 5th November was Craven Park, is there any reason why we can't do this now? It even falls in the closed season.

#20 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Opened an account today at Furness building society i have put £2,000 in so that should make £20 a year for the club at 1%
the minimum amount to open an account is just £1